Spirit Class Balcony cabin differences?

danech

Looking to book the Legend next April and would like some advice on the value verses size, and any cabin differences, between the Balcony, Extended Balcony, Aft Extended, and Premium Balcony cabins.

We are booking for 3 and have been in a standard balcony cabin before aboard the Triumph. The Extended Balcony is $180 more the the standard. The Aft Extended is $40 additional, $220 total. Lastly, the Premium Balcony is $380 over the standard balcony. Other than the precieved balcony size difference on the deck plan, are there any other differences? I'm hoping your experiences will sell me that there's vaule in the additional money or if not, caution me against it.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

The size is basically all that is different. Not sure what the premium balcony is unless it's one of the 9A or 9B suites. For three people, you might appreciate the extra balcony space if you think you will be using your balcony. I sit on mine all the time and am amazed at how many don't use them. They just come out, take a look and go back in.

The size is basically all that is different. Not sure what the premium balcony is unless it's one of the 9A or 9B suites. For three people, you might appreciate the extra balcony space if you think you will be using your balcony. I sit on mine all the time and am amazed at how many don't use them. They just come out, take a look and go back in.

Thanks ...... and we used ours more than I thought thought we would because in addition to the expected uses it made a good place for my son & I to hang out while my daughter dressed, or vise versa

DH and I were in an 8E balcony on the Legend a few weeks ago, and I tried hard to mentally evaluate if it would be adequate for 3 people.

I'm sailing with two girlfriends in April in a balcony cabin on the Ecstasy, and my only other cruise was with these same girls a year ago in a Cat 12 Suite (penthouse) on the Sensation. We girls used our balcony a LOT before for drinking coffee (or spirits, for medicinal purposes only), smoking, people watching in port, etc.

My opinion? We 3 girls would be fine with a regular balcony: two chairs, and we'd either try to get another OR one could sit on the patio table.

Having said that, however, I think we're going to upgrade to an aft view cabin because they supposedly accommodate a couple of loungers, which would be fun!

I think balconies withing a category (regular balcony), aft balcony, etc., are fairly standard in size from ship to ship.

I would go for the aft balcony. It has two chairs and will fit three people comfortably. We choose it for the views, and I prefer the main deck (4) for the added coverage. Here is a shot of the aft cabins on the Miracle. Aft wrap balconies are the best and have loungers as well, but those are Vista Suites on the spirit class ships.

2107246200064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

I would go for the aft balcony. It has two chairs and will fit three people comfortably. We choose it for the views, and I prefer the main deck (4) for the added coverage. Here is a shot of the aft cabins on the Miracle. Aft wrap balconies are the best and have loungers as well, but those are Vista Suites on the spirit class ships.

2107246200064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Agreed! I too would choose the aft balcony cabin - for location and the extra space.

If OP is seriously looking at the Premimum Balcony cabins - be careful. Not all of them will allow 3 passengers - which is another vote for the aft balcony IMHO ;).

I have Pride cabins 8268,69,71 and 8115 booked for our group in March. Was surprised to learn the aft wrap around (68) was 30 sq ft smaller inside than the OS (71) ! 69&15 are standard decks. We should have plenty of deck space as 8268 is the huge one at 220 sq ft (think) and on 69&71 the divider can be opened. Just felt it strange the OS is larger than the VS ? hmmmm

The additional space on the aft cabins is basically wasted, as it's all under the slanted rail, except deck 4. In addition, there's little covering above you. The pro is the view. Nice, but gets old in a couple of minutes with each visit.

Most of the side extended balconies do have an added depth of about 5 feet X the width. But these are also the recessed cabins, where you look down to the lifeboats, and can't see to the fore and aft of the ship, if that even makes a difference.

The additional space on the aft cabins is basically wasted, as it's all under the slanted rail, except deck 4. In addition, there's little covering above you. The pro is the view. Nice, but gets old in a couple of minutes with each visit.

Most of the side extended balconies do have an added depth of about 5 feet X the width. But these are also the recessed cabins, where you look down to the lifeboats, and can't see to the fore and aft of the ship, if that even makes a difference.

I think the only thing wasted on 8268 deck is the people.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2577379310100260141GwojVZ

I think the only thing wasted on 8268 deck is the people.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2577379310100260141GwojVZ

AGREED!!! We've had 8268 for 2 years in a row now and LOVE it. It is SO nice to have a bedroom separate from the living room....AND to have that changing room which connects the bathroom (with jacuzzi tub) and the walk in closet! We've had 3 in our room both times and it's been just fine. PLUS, there are 7 - SEVEN - windows in that room plus the door I think. The aft-wrap suites are THE BEST rooms on the whole ship - IMO. Plus, it is a suite so VIP boarding & deborading is fabulous! But like the one said, there is a lot of square footage under the slanted rail that gets counted in that 220 sq ft listing....but they are nice & deep. When I looked over the rail at our neighbor's aft-extended, it wasn't that big at all except for under the rail...Iw ouldn't spend the extra money for that.

Easy to find out. 95% of all balcony cabins

are 185 sq. ft. On the legend balcony cabins

8266 & 8271 are 275 sq. ft. Along with the

various other mini suites. All mini suites

are 275 sq. ft.

Aft wrap balcony cabins 8268 & 8273, are 245 sq. ft.

Just went on the NCL Dawn had an oceanview

mini suite balcony which was 275 sq. ft.

We had two mini suites one with two adults and

two kids. Trust me pay the extra and get the

balcony suite that is 275 sq. ft. Also has a bigger

balcony.

All mini suites actually have a full sized tub.

Three women, trust me get the mini suite, you

will not regret it. Plus you are dividing it by three.

Don't know what your budget is, but the mini suites

are definitely worth it. Plus you get VIP boarding..

Looking to book the Legend next April and would like some advice on the value verses size, and any cabin differences, between the Balcony, Extended Balcony, Aft Extended, and Premium Balcony cabins.

We are booking for 3 and have been in a standard balcony cabin before aboard the Triumph. The Extended Balcony is $180 more the the standard. The Aft Extended is $40 additional, $220 total. Lastly, the Premium Balcony is $380 over the standard balcony. Other than the precieved balcony size difference on the deck plan, are there any other differences? I'm hoping your experiences will sell me that there's vaule in the additional money or if not, caution me against it.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Thanks, great info!

My 1st Miracle cruise, we had an extended balcony (7192). It was OK, but it was cold when we were in the shade and roasting when in the sun. Personally, I decided I wouldn't bother with an extended side balcony if I booked one in the future. I'd just go with a regular size for a side (assuming, of course, that I couldn't get one of the super-long ones).

2726356390102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

On my 2nd, I had an aft (4230). Loved it. I had originally booked on Deck 5 but moved down to 4 after reading about the lack of overhang. Glad I did because we had a rough sea day and I spent most of the time out there wrapped up in my bathrobe and beach towel under the overhang, reading.

2345478020102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

The pics don't really show too much. The aft balcony seemed a little narrower, but I don't think it was. It was slightly deeper. Bear in mind that most only have room for two chairs and a little table. Not really room even for a third chair, assuming you could even get one from somewhere!

We have had both a regular balcony and extended balcony on the Legend. I personally not spend the extra $$ for just the extended balcony. That little bit of depth doesn't make that much difference. If I were booking I would either go cheap with a regular or go on up for an aft balcony (never done one but would LOVE to).

Archived