Carnival Drink Prices for Liquor on the MDR menu

Cop J

I know for dessert in the MDR there is a selection of alcoholic drinks, just wondering the prices for a glass? There are some wines and I know they have kahlua.

Also, how is the seating assigned? It will just be my girlfriend and I, both aged 21, with 6pm set dining. Will we be sat with others close to our age or just randomly assigned seating in the MDR. I know we can request to sit alone, but from my past experiences with carnival, I like the joint dining. In the past, I have traveled with my parents so we'd get assigned with another family so I am guessing it does go by age or some sort. Also how many people to a table? Is it just 2 people tables or 8 people tables, or is there many different sizes in between.

BTW, I am sailing the carnival pride in 3 days!

You order alcohol beverages in the MDR from a bar waiter(ess) and pay what every the regular price is as though you were ordering it directly from the bar.

They have suggested wine pairings, but that is usually by the bottle and I think a bit too expensive for me. If I want a glass of wine I just order the Woodbridge Chardonnay and it's about $5.75 per glass.

You can get Cappucino in the MDR for free, otherwise it will cost you if ordered from the Coffee bar or one of the bars that makes it.

I think Carnival does a very good job of seating people. I can't say for sure what size table you will be at, but we have almost always been seated with people close to our same age.

You can go to your dining room after embarkation and find your table number (though some ships aren't putting them out any more) or you can wait until the MD is at the podium (usually around 1:30) to check on your specific dining arrangements and request a change if it isn't what you are wanting.

Iv found that when I cruise with my sister, Carnival always paired us with other female singles about our age, so they do go out of their way to pair you with similar.

Last time I was with a LADY named Pat and on both RCL and Carnival they seem to think we are a couple. We were sat with interracial couples last time .. never happened to me before. I enjoyed their company too, but it was a surprise.

Archived