bus for air port to cruise ship

phillithere

I'm not sure about a city bus, but there is a shuttle bus from the car rental center at the airport that goes to Port Everglades. (My husband got the impression, however, that the shuttle was just for Alamo/Enterprise customers, so check first if this is the bus you're asking about). As we'd already dropped our bags off at the port before returning our Alamo rental, the free shuttle was convenient. The driver helped the few other people on the shuttle with their bags, so it wasn't a huge hassle for them either.

Has anyone taken the city bus from fort lauderdale airport to the crown princess? How about a tazi?

Not sure of the bus route but I doubt very much any city bus will drop you off at the terminal... maybe close to a port entrance. The port is huge and industrialized... many areas are unwalkable.

Taxi is quick and cheap.

I wouldn't recommend it, and the bus will not go into the port, but here is the route: You can take the 1 bus north from the airport. Get off at 17th St and take the 40 bus east. The number 40 bus will stop on SE 17th St 2 blocks from the terminal that the Crown usually uses, but if the Crown is at a different terminal you will have to walk a mile from there with your luggage and there are no sidewalks.

I'm not sure about a city bus, but there is a shuttle bus from the car rental center at the airport that goes to Port Everglades. (My husband got the impression, however, that the shuttle was just for Alamo/Enterprise customers, so check first if this is the bus you're asking about). As we'd already dropped our bags off at the port before returning our Alamo rental, the free shuttle was convenient. The driver helped the few other people on the shuttle with their bags, so it wasn't a huge hassle for them either.

This shuttle bus mentioned is for Hertz/Alamo/National customers.

Archived