Wine /soda allocation

azurewater

We are going on a nine day cruise in January. We just returned from a 4 day and took our two bottles of wine and soda and water alotments.

Are there different allocations for longer cruises or is it the same whether it is 4 day or 9 day? 2 bottles of wine was perfect for 4-day cruise...not so much for a nine day.

Thanks (and yes I know about the wine packages offered. Just prefer my own wines.)

is that 2 bottles total or per guest ... obviously 21 years + :) The reason I am asking is because I've heard of people bringing on wine boxes and since those are 5L, that would equal close to 2 very large bottles of wine or 3.5 smaller ones.....

Thanks Firefly.... you are always so helpful on these boards! So now I am wondering how in the world people are taking wine boxes? I guess two 750ML = 1 wine box..... :)

I know one who took a 3 liter wine box and it was confiscated.

Anything other than what they say they allow, you take your chances I guess.

At least Carnival allows it .. we got several bottles of wine on RCL delivered to our cabin .. would you believe they charged corkage..yes, on their own bottles if they deliver them to your cabin and you carry them into the dining room. I was pissed, but my cabin roomie paid it, I sure would not have. Take it back to the cabin.

I know one who took a 3 liter wine box and it was confiscated.

Anything other than what they say they allow, you take your chances I guess.

At least Carnival allows it .. we got several bottles of wine on RCL delivered to our cabin .. would you believe they charged corkage..yes, on their own bottles if they deliver them to your cabin and you carry them into the dining room. I was pissed, but my cabin roomie paid it, I sure would not have. Take it back to the cabin.

boy I would have thought you would have known to open your bottle in the room and take it to the dinning room. Then it gets its 'breathing time'. (unless it was a white).

boy I would have thought you would have known to open your bottle in the room and take it to the dinning room. Then it gets its 'breathing time'. (unless it was a white).

We asked for white. Yep, it was. And a bottle of champagne. I objected since they came from RCL .. to me thats like charging us twice. I think its a rip off that RCL charges corkage for their own bottles of wine.

Technically, the one bottle per person is for embarkation. It isn't meant to last the entire cruise. We usually take one per person and it lasts several days, but this year we have a 12 day, 14 day, and 16 day cruises coming up. Those two bottles aren't going to go very far ;)

I remember in the rooms on several ships there was a bottle opener for coke bottles. We carry a cheap corkscrew with us, I'm just surprised TSA hasn't taken it when we've flown. We always have it in our carry-on since we travel light.

Archived