My time dining questions

Hi everyone, I chose MTD for my first cruise in March with DH and DD. My parents are also going and they have booked with another TA so therefore I can't go online and book us all together for pre-cruise reservations. Do you think we really need to make reservations at all? We will likely want to eat at about 7:30 at a table for the 5 of us. Is the 7:30 time slot a really popular time slot in your experience?

Hi everyone, I chose MTD for my first cruise in March with DH and DD. My parents are also going and they have booked with another TA so therefore I can't go online and book us all together for pre-cruise reservations. Do you think we really need to make reservations at all? We will likely want to eat at about 7:30 at a table for the 5 of us. Is the 7:30 time slot a really popular time slot in your experience?

I believe that if you have their booking number you can make MTD reservations before you sail, but actually we have rarely bothered to make reservations and have not experienced unusual delays on those occasions (frequent) that we chose to eat at 7:30. If you would feel more comfortable by making reservations, go to the MTD dining room when you get onboard, or call them from your stateroom, and make your reservations at that time. Shouldn't be a problem regardless of how you handle it.:)

I was on the Mariner in October and did MTD. I made a reservation each morning for that evening after I found out when the evening activities were planned. I was told that 7:30 or so was the most popular time. I never had a problem getting a reservation or had to wait. I did have to shift the time 15 minutes +/- a couple of times. We had the same waiter every night even though we did not ask for it. Our waiter was great.

7:30 is a popular time.

I would go to the MTD area and make a standing reservation, for the 5 of you, for that time each evening.

You can request the same servers each evening as well, if you like the team that is serving you.

Of course the MTD loyalists on this board may bristle,;), but be aware some pax have been given very limited choices of times to dine as the "popular" times are all booked up. Another reason you may want to go directly to the MTD area when you board.:)

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived