carnival Dream or RCL freedom with 7yr old?

skyw

I think your son will have a great time on either ship, so look at itinieraries, prices, etc. I don't think there's that much of a difference that a 7 year old is going to notice. Both have kids clubs. The Dream has water slides, the Freedom has a splash park. Freedom has ice skating. I think both have miniature golf. Both have all the cuisine a 7 yo is interested in (pizza, fries).

Both are great cruises with youngsters. The reason I think Freedom edges out Dream is due to the separation of the pool areas. You will have a tough time enjoying yourself with the crowds and lines on the pool deck during sea days on the Dream. Dream is a very crowded ship, whereas Freedom gives you more breathing room, especially in public spaces.

I think you'll be fine on either. Both have lots of stuff for kids. FOS has the Flowrider, Dream has the two big water slides.

For kids the only big advantage FOS has is the pools, Dream has two for the whole ship. FOS has four: one for adults, one in the splash park for kids and one in the adult area.

Given what you are looking for I would just shop by price. Whichever gives you the best room/itinerary for the lowest price. They both leave out of Canaveral (Dream on Saturday, FOS on Sundays) so travel planning would be the same for either, they even leave from the same pier.

We were just on the LOS sister to the Freedom. It was a great ship. We sat for a long time one afternoon watching a group of kids who were your son's age playing in the waterpark. They were having a great time. There is also the parades (2) that the kids seemed to enjoy. The skating show is amazing the skaters are good and the idea that your on the ship in the middle of the ocean watching a skating show is pretty cool.

The FOS is going to be more than a Carnival ship they usually are but personally I think RCCL is worth the money.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived