Crown & Anchor Society level changes

Oh, not good. We already made an online reservation for Chops first night. Oh well. Guess I can afford 25 bucks:rolleyes:

No, I meant that they probably still have a supply of "expired" books and will put them out. Last year some ships even put stickers on them that said "valid through June". That way they don't have to toss them and waste the paper.

When did you sail? We sailed 12/5 to make d+ and still have not have received the D+ package. Thanks

Navigator of the Seas Dec 9, 2010 (4-night) and Navigator of the Seas Dec. 13th (5-night). The B2b ended Dec. 18th.

PS - It is in my signature. Perhaps you have signatures turned off?

When did you sail? We sailed 12/5 to make d+ and still have not have received the D+ package. Thanks

We made diamond + last MAY and still haven't recieved anything I phoned the UK diamond desk and was told it should have been sent out in June so when nothing had arrived by the time we cruised in Oct I mentioned it to the loyalty ambassador on board he checked that they had my correct address then said he would inform MIami and arrange for the pack to be sent but we are still waiting.

Jewel

Hum, they closed the other thread about this subject. I am hoping that they just "tell" us about the changes next week but don't put them into action until at least March 1st....ok, February 19th because on Feb 18th, we get off the Explorer as Diamond Plus. Please, please...wait to start this for a little while longer. We have finally been able to get to 23 points. What a disappointment this will be if we miss making it to D+ by one point and have to do a lot of other cruises (which we won't mind and we're planning to do anyway) to make it to Diamond plus....

Darlene

Talk to C&R today, they said look for the press release on the 7 or 8, goes into effect the jan 12. yes changing to days, added two new tiers one between platinum and diamond and one at 100 cruise point. cruise points is the new term. did not have info on how they are going to convert cruise credits to cruise points. suite discounts for d+ will be $225 now

Talk to C&R today, they said look for the press release on the 7 or 8, goes into effect the jan 12. yes changing to days, added two new tiers one between platinum and diamond and one at 100 cruise point. cruise points is the new term. did not have info on how they are going to convert cruise credits to cruise points. suite discounts for d+ will be $225 now

I really would have loved to be Diamond but I guess it will have to wait.

No particular reason. I NEVER have waited in line to board a ship and we sail over Easter or Summer. I just wanted once to stick my S&S card in the CL slot and have the door magically open for me LOL That really is the only reason :)

I guess I am in the minority but as someone that always books two cabins (usually two balcony cabins) or balcony and an inside and only get credit for paying for one cabin, and cruise 7+ days I must say I do not mind changing the credits to days.

My cruise next week will be my FIRST cruise that is less than a week and it is just a quick getaway for my dh and my 20th anniversary. People that pay for a 3 day inside Bahama cruise should not be getting the same credit as my paying for two balcony cabins on the Oasis during summer, but that is just me. Switching the system for cruise days, makes more sense to me.

Thank you very much for relaying the message that you were given today.

Well right now for d+ it is 225 for booking six nights or more for a balcony and suite and it jumps to 250 if you book 6 months plus out. Not sure what C&A told you is anything new or a take away for those booking balcony cabins.

Only time will tell!

I really would have loved to be Diamond but I guess it will have to wait.

No particular reason. I NEVER have waited in line to board a ship and we sail over Easter or Summer. I just wanted once to stick my S&S card in the CL slot and have the door magically open for me LOL That really is the only reason :)

I guess I am in the minority but as someone that always books two cabins (usually two balcony cabins) or balcony and an inside and only get credit for paying for one cabin, and cruise 7+ days I must say I do not mind changing the credits to days.

My cruise next week will be my FIRST cruise that is less than a week and it is just a quick getaway for my dh and my 20th anniversary. People that pay for a 3 day inside Bahama cruise should not be getting the same credit as my paying for two balcony cabins on the Oasis during summer, but that is just me. Switching the system for cruise days, makes more sense to me.

Thank you very much for relaying the message that you were given today.

Diamond will not do the majic door unlock for you:o it needs D+. If you really want to do it, book a GS. We did that once for just that reason.

Diamond will not do the majic door unlock for you:o it needs D+. If you really want to do it, book a GS. We did that once for just that reason.

LOL, thanks! We did a 9 night EOS from Bayonne about 2 years ago and my friend is a Diamond and she was able to get into the lounge. Actually, it was her 2nd RCCL cruise and for some reason they had her in the system as Diamond and she got a Diamond card and access with her BF into the lounge while I peeked inside. LOL

LOL, thanks! We did a 9 night EOS from Bayonne about 2 years ago and my friend is a Diamond and she was able to get into the lounge. Actually, it was her 2nd RCCL cruise and for some reason they had her in the system as Diamond and she got a Diamond card and access with her BF into the lounge while I peeked inside. LOL

Did she have status on Celebrity? That could have given her Diamond on Royal.

It would sure be nice if I got 12 "cruise points" for my 12-night Northern Europe cruise back in 1999 instead of my one, stinking credit. And my ten nights for the Hawaii cruise (again, one stinking credit). IF THAT HAPPENS, and it happens on January 12, then I would have enough "cruise points" along with my other cruises, to be platinum. But I have already received and printed out my documentation (though I could certainly print it again if it were updated) for my January 30 cruise.

I wonder if it will be updated in time for my cruise?

The only reason it matters is because of two perks: standing in line for the security check-in (and the separate waiting area for embarkation) and the discount on the internet package :-) Other than that, I don't really care. If they pass out the "wrong" book in my cabin, then I wonder if it will be a hassle getting the "right" one.

This is all a bunch of speculation....fun to think about but not a spoiler in any case.

Two questions:

1) will you retain your current status? Most around here seem to believe that you will stay at whatever level you are at, regardless of how they change the system. Thats assuming they even change it at all. There is no reliable information.

2) difference in perks between D+ and Pinnacle? No one knows for sure.

Hopefully we will know more soon.

Is it true that suite benefits are better than any C&A tier benefits?

I guess it depends on what tier you are comparing it to. Suite benefits are nice, but I think the D+ benefits are better, especially considering you get the highest discount from the suite at booking if you are D+.

Is it true that suite benefits are better than any C&A tier benefits?

In a suite you get a bottle of free water, better robes and toiletries, designated seating by the pool, free pressing of formal wear, room service off the complete dining room menu, a private suite party with the captain and officers and the best private departure lounge that leaves before the C&A lounge. These are things that C&A members don't get. There may be other things I can't think of.

Gina

Did she have status on Celebrity? That could have given her Diamond on Royal.

No. She sailed on RCCL Radiance I think in Alaska a year or two prior to our EOS cruise (or some ship in Alaska). That was her only cruise. We no longer call her by her first name, we all her Diamond or Diamond Girl :)

It would sure be nice if I got 12 "cruise points" for my 12-night Northern Europe cruise back in 1999 instead of my one, stinking credit. And my ten nights for the Hawaii cruise (again, one stinking credit). IF THAT HAPPENS, and it happens on January 12, then I would have enough "cruise points" along with my other cruises, to be platinum. But I have already received and printed out my documentation (though I could certainly print it again if it were updated) for my January 30 cruise.

I wonder if it will be updated in time for my cruise?

The only reason it matters is because of two perks: standing in line for the security check-in (and the separate waiting area for embarkation) and the discount on the internet package :-) Other than that, I don't really care. If they pass out the "wrong" book in my cabin, then I wonder if it will be a hassle getting the "right" one.

This is all a bunch of speculation....fun to think about but not a spoiler in any case.

I agree with you 100%. I believe it will even out the field a little.

With the number of days for the two sailings there are plenty of people that cruised 4 smaller day cruises and have 4 crusie credits.

They didn't kick the Diamonds out of the CL until mid-2009 or so, so if it was before that cruies she would have had access.

Also, if her parents are Diamond, and she lives with them, she would be Diamond as well (to me, the biggest thing that should change in the program)

I didn't think of that. The change to add an extra credit for 12+ cruises didn't happen until 2004. This will retroactively give them that extra credit for cruises that happened before that if they change them to sea days. I would guess those that booked suites before 2004 are still out of luck though.

there are plenty of people that cruised 4 smaller day cruises and have 4 crusie credits.

Let me just say that I don't begrudge them their status, either. They went with the rules that RCCL provided and earned it fair and square. From what I have heard, no one will lose any status already achieved, and I am glad of that. :)

They didn't kick the Diamonds out of the CL until mid-2009 or so, so if it was before that cruies she would have had access.

Also, if her parents are Diamond, and she lives with them, she would be Diamond as well (to me, the biggest thing that should change in the program)

Yes, it was about 2 years ago. LOL, her parents never cruised and she only had her mom who isn't alive any longer for years.

It was just a mistake on their part.

I was the one that kept telling her and her bf to make sure they signed up for C&A when they did their first cruise and kept saying "it should be me LOL"

Archived