Crown & Anchor Society level changes

The most fair way to deal with the extra cruise credit from Diamonds in December would be to award days equal to the days of the cruise. 3 day cruise, an extra 3 days, 14 day cruise, an extra 14 days, etc. One can hope. Just relieved it's only one day until the announcement.

IF I was a wagering woman:D . . . . I would bet . . .

they will keep both cruise credits and days at sea, similar to Princess progam ( ie Platinum is 50 days at sea OR 5 cruise credits)

I don't see how they could grandfather in otherwise, as someone who is D+ with 25 sailings on a 3 day would only have 75 days, right? It doesn't make sense :eek: to alter them to show 175 days.

Then allow double for GS and up, and exclude JS.

Mind you I only have $1 riding on this bet . . . .

I think they would get a lot of flack if they excluded JSs for double points/days.

The most fair way to deal with the extra cruise credit from Diamonds in December would be to award days equal to the days of the cruise. 3 day cruise, an extra 3 days, 14 day cruise, an extra 14 days, etc. One can hope. Just relieved it's only one day until the announcement.

Nope, you'll have to wait longer as it is "rumored" that the announcement date has been changed.

Whatever the changes are that are made and when those changes, if any, will be announced, we somehow have to rid ourselves of the idea that they will be "fair" to everyone. Depending on our individual situations, some of us will be pleased with whatever changes are announced while other will be displeased. Hopefully RCI realizes this and comes up with a plan that displeases the least of its guests, but rest assured that those who end up unhappy will be very loud in voicing their displeasure, while many who like the changes will simply be relieved that it is over (until the next time;))

Another example of what Bill is saying. Every situation is different and some will howl with anger and others will be satisfied.

I have seen several posts implying (inferring?) that credits might be converted to days by multiplying them by 7. My average cruise length is just under 10 and I would be impacted rather severely. My actual days at sea is 175. Counting cruises in suites, my number would be 244. Taking my credits times 7 would give me 196. If they have no "milestones" above basic qualification, then no harm, no foul (other than a loss of additional things I was looking forward to). But there are several things that happen with additional credits today (crystals every 10 credits, extra stuff at 49 and 75, etc.) and with the distance from D+ to Pinnacle, there really needs to be something more between getting to D+ and the really long time it would take to reach Pinnacle.

Of course, nobody knows what the actual program will look like or what benefits will be at each level (and that "nobody" may even include most of the management at RCL :D).

I am following all the posts with interest (but I have to admit it is mostly to watch the "getting screwed" attitudes of people who got something "extra" for cruising on a line they already liked may be taken away) but I know there is nothing I can do but go along with it. If the basic cruise product looks no better to me than other lines (and that is not the case today), then I MAY look elsewhere. But the perks are not the deciding factor either way.

My "loyalty" is to the product, not the perks.

Last cruise, we were in a jr. suite near the CL. We didn't have access, but alot of Diamond and plus people did. It seemed kinda snobbish we weren't allowed in. We wouldv'e paid for a drink. sigh

Full suite accommodations are required for lounge access. (At this point) Diamond Plus also have access to the Concierge Lounge. Diamonds do NOT have access. You will need to sail in a full suite or be a D+ to have access. There is no way to pay for drinks for those who are not eligible for access.

Sorry.

M

Agreed, except I would go a step further: my "loyalty" is to getting the cruise I like for the money I spent. As long as I get that, the perks are extra, and can be taken away without grumbling on my part. I certainly would not purchase a cruise I didn't want to take on a line that didn't satisfy me, just to get some perks.

Another example of what Bill is saying. Every situation is different and some will howl with anger and others will be satisfied.

I have seen several posts implying (inferring?) that credits might be converted to days by multiplying them by 7. My average cruise length is just under 10 and I would be impacted rather severely. My actual days at sea is 175. Counting cruises in suites, my number would be 244. Taking my credits times 7 would give me 196. If they have no "milestones" above basic qualification, then no harm, no foul (other than a loss of additional things I was looking forward to). But there are several things that happen with additional credits today (crystals every 10 credits, extra stuff at 49 and 75, etc.) and with the distance from D+ to Pinnacle, there really needs to be something more between getting to D+ and the really long time it would take to reach Pinnacle.

Of course, nobody knows what the actual program will look like or what benefits will be at each level (and that "nobody" may even include most of the management at RCL :D).

I am following all the posts with interest (but I have to admit it is mostly to watch the "getting screwed" attitudes of people who got something "extra" for cruising on a line they already liked may be taken away) but I know there is nothing I can do but go along with it. If the basic cruise product looks no better to me than other lines (and that is not the case today), then I MAY look elsewhere. But the perks are not the deciding factor either way.

Agreed, except I would go a step further: my "loyalty" is to getting the cruise I like for the money I spent. As long as I get that, the perks are extra, and can be taken away without grumbling on my part. I certainly would not purchase a cruise I didn't want to take on a line that didn't satisfy me, just to get some perks.

It is good to finally read some posts that contain common sense :eek::D

They giveth, and may taketh away. Such is life. As long as I still get a good cruise, no matter.

I have read many of these posts with interest. I have seen the film of Adam Goldstein stating that RCI monitor Cruise Critic all the time.

It seems really obvious to me that these rumours (based on fact or fantasy) have probably been intiated by RCI themselves to 'test the water' ahead of making any firm decision about the future shape of C&A.

It is therefore a really great opportunity for people to share their comments and concerns as we know that they will be viewed and hopefully notice taken.

I agree (as a diamond plus member who is from the UK so therefore would still be a diamond plus member if the new days at sea rumour is to be beleived) that the cruise credit system is unfair and I welcome the days at sea approach. We have cruised over 50 days in the last 9 months and have not been fortunate in doing the short 3 day cruises to build credits as I know many of our overseas friends have- this only earned us 6 credits on the current system. If we had sailed this number of nights on the 3 night cruises we would have had 17 credits- so I welcome the change.

I don't agree with double days for JS and suite- I agree there should be some recognition but I do not feel it is worth double.

I would go further and say that I am not loyal to either the perks or the product. I purchase a product because I like it and can afford it. If either of those conditions changes I am out. I am loyal to my family and my friends.

The concept of being loyal to a product or company seems a bit strange. If you went to buy a product and your credit card bounced somehow I can't imagine a company feeling a sense of loyalty to you and providing the product anyway.... no matter how much of the product that you have purchased in the past.

I think the intent of what I said is being misinterpreted.

I intended only to indicate that I cruise for the product and that is what brings me back. How about I say "I am influenced primarily by the product (and by "product" I mean a cruise experience I find positive at a price I am satisfied with)"?

My thoughts on the changes: I like my perks, but I'm starting to view c&a the same as frequent flyer miles....I don't go out of my way to get the credits,I will enjoy whatever they give me. They will not seduce me into a suite to get a few free drinks...I'm sure a lot of folks agree!!! ...just sayin....

I think the intent of what I said is being misinterpreted.

I intended only to indicate that I cruise for the product and that is what brings me back. How about I say "I am influenced primarily by the product (and by "product" I mean a cruise experience I find positive at a price I am satisfied with)"?

I think that's exactly what I understood you to say. I think several of us said the same thing, just in slightly different terms. :)

I have read many of these posts with interest. I have seen the film of Adam Goldstein stating that RCI monitor Cruise Critic all the time.

It seems really obvious to me that these rumours (based on fact or fantasy) have probably been intiated by RCI themselves to 'test the water' ahead of making any firm decision about the future shape of C&A.

LOL...........my theory is that they have been talking about changes coming after the end of 2010 for about a year now..........at least rumors have been flying for pretty long. I think it was a plot to get people to book as many cruises as they possibly could to attain the status they wanted before the changes were made. I bet this was one of the reasons for the D in December extra credit as well.............many people booked not one but a few December cruises just to make it to the next level in C&A. If this is what they intended to achieve, I think it worked for them!! :D:rolleyes:;)

Well, I have a question, then. Apparently there was a big change previously in 2009? I didn't spend nearly as much time reading about cruising back then, so I honestly don't know. But at some point there was a change in the perks, right? So my question is: were there as many rumors about that change in advance - do you think they were seeded or at least encouraged quietly by RCI, and if any of that did occur before the change, how close were the rumors to the actuality back then?

Just wondering....

There's been so many changes since 2009 that I'm not sure I can even remember all of them.

One of course was that the Diamonds could no longer use the CL or overflow lounge. I don't remember a whole lot of rumors about that.......it just sort of happened - if there were rumors I don't remember reading tons of threads on it.

Then there was the change where you could not combine Benefits.......

Honestly, can't even remember any other changes that caused a big discussion here. Both of the above changes were discussed at length here but after the fact. There were many, many angry people about the not combining of benefits. Most were saying it's not fair to not let us use at least one other benefit with the balcony discount since the balcony discount was a perk for our C&A status. I think the coupons they give you for $$$ off are worthless if you book a balcony because most times the balcony discount is the better of the deal.

These changes may have been rumored but I don't know what the purpose would be to rumor them because it wouldn't cause people to run out and book cruises. People were pretty much angry. I can understand them not letting us combine all the benefits that they used to let us combine, but they should let us combine at least one other benefit with the balcony discount.

But hey, I'm quite happy with my balcony discount.;):D

I remember reading on one of the other rumor threads that there was a lead time between the announcement of the 2009 changes (when Ds were put out of the CL) and the actual implementation date. I also recall folks saying that RCI actually pushed the implementation date back due to complaints. I'm sure someone will post soon with the exact details.

I remember reading on one of the other rumor threads that there was a lead time between the announcement of the 2009 changes (when Ds were put out of the CL) and the actual implementation date. I also recall folks saying that RCI actually pushed the implementation date back due to complaints. I'm sure someone will post soon with the exact details.

Actually the lead time you speak of was a copy of the announcement posted on the CL lounge door the day it happened on a 12 night cruise on the Explorer of the Seas in my case. Happened to be over 200 diamonds on that cruise. thank goodness we were in a grand suite but it was mutiny on the bounty.

I dont think the discount on the actual cruise is the most important C & A perk.

I think that RCCL shold focus on making life easyer - like more free laundry - priorty seats by the pool on all vessels - reserved tables in the windjammer - fokus on the priority line at guest relations.

The staff shold focus on reconiction - it cost little, and make a lot of VIP`s happy

I don't remember any lead time on the Diamonds getting the boot, but maybe someone else will remember it more. However, I do remember them giving some lead time on combining with the Next Cruise certificate thingys that we had purchased. They even came back after the fact and said any certificates that were purchased prior to that change date could still be combined with other benefits including the Shareholder benefit...........I still have one of those things to use.

Archived