Crown & Anchor Society level changes

Just go there to watch. It's a fun way to start a cruise. People eventually find it when their luggage doesn't show up for various reasons - innocent reasons sometimes, sometimes not. :)

All cruise lines have their perks, special lines, gifts, etc... and all cruise lines have their rules. It's hard to keep them all straight.

Gina

Do they have chairs in the naughty room to just sit and watch? Are any reserved for suites or D+ers? Are the reserved in the front, with better views, or in the back, where I wouldn't want to sit anyway?

On our May 2010 Freedom cruise, this area was roped off for suite guests, but on our August 2010 Freedom, it was open to everyone.

They changed the pool suite seats from the tiered area to the area above the pool bar.

Can you wear shorts and tank tops in the naughty room? Is there a smoking section there? Can you get room service while waiting? Is there an ocean view where I can "connect" to the ocean? I'm tempted to smuggle a case of Bud just to see this place, lol!

Can you wear shorts and tank tops in the naughty room? Is there a smoking section there? Can you get room service while waiting? Is there an ocean view where I can "connect" to the ocean? I'm tempted to smuggle a case of Bud just to see this place, lol!

Not sure about all you ask, but I do know you can carry a glass of wine down to sip on while you wait in line and chat up the other "naughties".

And when it gets to be your turn (assuming you have timed your sipping appropriately) the staff working there will even offer to take your empty glass when they return your luggage - after finding that you have NOT been naughty after all :confused:.........

P.S. They do not offer to deliver your innocent bags to your cabin for you. You have to lug them up your cabin yourself. :(

I am a Diamond but am curious, what is the difference between the DL and the CL ? I have been in the DL on Freedom and Indy, not sure what to expect in March on Allure. 25 degrees in Jax, FL this morning !

on Freedom class ships that have a DL lounge, they are no different than the CL. Actually on the Liberty, DL is much nicer than the CL! on the Oasis the CL is fabulous. But, the drinks and the snacks during the evening are the same. The CL offers breakfast and lunch from a small menu .

on Freedom class ships that have a DL lounge, they are no different than the CL. Actually on the Liberty, DL is much nicer than the CL! on the Oasis the CL is fabulous. But, the drinks and the snacks during the evening are the same. The CL offers breakfast and lunch from a small menu .

Really? I thought DL only had wine and champagne and we had to pay a discounted rate for other drinks. Compared to the CL which had all sorts of drinks, not just wine.

Do the DL on the Oasis class and Freedom class ships have everything? That's great! :)

Really? I thought DL only had wine and champagne and we had to pay a discounted rate for other drinks. Compared to the CL which had all sorts of drinks, not just wine.

Do the DL on the Oasis class and Freedom class ships have everything? That's great! :)

On the ships that have a dedicated DL, yes the drinks are free.

on ships that have a Diamond party (no DL lounge) that's where you pay a discounted price for mixed drinks and the wine, champagep are free.

Strange, on my Oasis cruise the Hors d'œuvre's were much better in the DL then the CL (at least on the nights that I checked both) and certainty not the same. However the CL had a greater selection. (example they never had the fried shrimp in the CL but had it in the DL)

Strange, on my Oasis cruise the Hors d'œuvre's were much better in the DL then the CL (at least on the nights that I checked both) and certainty not the same. However the CL had a greater selection. (example they never had the fried shrimp in the CL but had it in the DL)

You are probably correct. I was basically just referring to the fact that both had "snacks"...as opposed to ships that don't have a dedicated DL lounge and just do the Diamond Party. Since most of our friends were Diamond, we hung out mostly in the DL lounge ( which was moved to one of the "bars" since there were too many Diamonds on the cruise and the dedicated DL is apparently quite small)

We were Diamond Plus and are still Diamond Plus but if I read the benefit chart correctly we will no longer be able to get free beer or mixed drinks. Instead it will be the same benefits forced on the Diamonds last year in the last restructuring! This appears to be true all the way upto the new Pinnacle level? Needless to say this does not make me a happy camper as we worked hard to reach the Diamond Plus level to allow for the "free" beer during the happy hour.

I am hopeing that the Diamond Lounge on the larger ships still provide the beer and mixed drinks free? Does anyone know if this is true!:mad:

We were Diamond Plus and are still Diamond Plus but if I read the benefit chart correctly we will no longer be able to get free beer or mixed drinks. Instead it will be the same benefits forced on the Diamonds last year in the last restructuring! This appears to be true all the way upto the new Pinnacle level? Needless to say this does not make me a happy camper as we worked hard to reach the Diamond Plus level to allow for the "free" beer during the happy hour.

I am hopeing that the Diamond Lounge on the larger ships still provide the beer and mixed drinks free? Does anyone know if this is true!:mad:

I read it as D+ still being able to the CL and that on ships with a DL, the same drinks are being offered as they were before (ie wine, champagne, beer, mixed drinks)

There is no change regarding the evening happy hour. The only beer and mixed drinks were provided in dedicated Diamond Lounges. The evening Diamond Event on ships without a DL never had free beer and mixed drinks.

You will continue to get the beer and mixed drinks in the Diamond Lounges and the Concierge Lounges.

Are they De-Tuning the Happy Hour Benefit?

Am I the only one that thinks the new program is going to de-tune the happy hour for the Diamond Plus and Pinnacle on the smaller ships? Will the Diamond Lounges on the Larger Class of ships still serve the "free" beer and mixed drinks?

6 The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will take place approximately 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine) and fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and can not be removed from the venue.

I know from past experience that the Diamond Plus folks were able to get free beer and mixed drinks in the Diamond Lounge even when it was the smaller ships and just a designated Diamond Lounge bar. This sounds to me like they will no longer be able to get free drinks in anything other than the true Diamond Lounge on the larger class of ships and the retrofitted Radiance class.

Are they De-Tuning the Happy Hour Benefit?

Am I the only one that thinks the new program is going to de-tune the happy hour for the Diamond Plus and Pinnacle on the smaller ships? Will the Diamond Lounges on the Larger Class of ships still serve the "free" beer and mixed drinks?

6 The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will take place approximately 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine) and fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and can not be removed from the venue.

I know from past experience that the Diamond Plus folks were able to get free beer and mixed drinks in the Diamond Lounge even when it was the smaller ships and just a designated Diamond Lounge bar. This sounds to me like they will no longer be able to get free drinks in anything other than the true Diamond Lounge on the larger class of ships and the retrofitted Radiance class.

Yes, you are.

You are misunderstanding.

Nothing has changed in that regard.

On ships with a Diamond Lounge, Diamond and Diamond + passengers can use it for their Happy Hours. Free booze.

On ships with a Concierge Lounge, D+ and Suite passengers can use it for their Happy Hours. Free booze.

On ships with a CL only, Diamonds will have only a Nightly Event with free wine, champagne & soda, with 25% discount on other alcohol.

On ships with no CL, D and D+ will have a Nightly Event with free wine, champagne & soda, with 25% discount on other alcohol.

Yes, you are.

On ships with a Diamond Lounge, Diamond and Diamond + passengers can use it for their Happy Hours. Free booze.

On ships with a Concierge Lounge, D+ and Suite passengers can use it for their Happy Hours. Free booze.

On ships with a CL only, Diamonds will have only a Nightly Event with free wine, champagne & soda, with 25% discount on other alcohol.

On ships with no CL, D and D+ will have a Nightly Event with free wine, champagne & soda, with 25% discount on other alcohol.

Thanks for managing the misinformation! It's been interesting seeing everyone's interpretation of the new rules.

I celebrated the new bennies by booking a November cruise, not because I'm worried about points or levels...just because I've always wanted to experience going down the Mississippi River on a cruise ship :D and want to spend time with family and friends.

Yes, you are.

Thanks also for answering quckly to stop a rumour.

It think this just means that D+ and Pinnacles can join their D friends at the Diamond event just like D+ and Pinnacle get all the perks that the Diamonds, Emeralds, Platinium and Gold get.

This is the second time I have seen this question posed.

Just got luggage tags for our Feb. 13 FOS cruise and they are in a different color than I remember from our last FOS cruises and marked D+. Wonder if that is new.

Our luggage tags for our FOS cruise this past November were a different color and also said D+, so it's not new....:)

Archived