Crown & Anchor Society level changes

Our status was not really "grandfathered" as a cruise we took on Jan 13th was not included in the conversion, even though it was taken prior to the reported Jan 21 start date.

Under the old program, this last cruise would have put us just one sailing away (9 credits) from reaching Diamond level (10 credits). Since Royal Caribbean decided to use a previously unpublished cutoff date of Jan 12th, we are now 3-4 cruises away from reaching Diamond (need 28 of the new points). We contacted the Crown and Anchor Society regarding this and the reply was "sorry".

Followed up the conversation with an email and received what appeared to be a canned reply that included, "Remember, purchasing a suite will earn you DOUBLE points; making your progression to Diamond even faster than before. " Had to laugh since we always book a suite and the new program has actually sent us back :-)

While the new program certainly has some nice features, my wife and I apparently did not make out as well as others with the conversion.

Well, that is strange. We just came off of a 10 night that started on 1/14. Noticed while on board, checking online, that the change went through on the 21st which put us to Emerald on the conversion as of that date. Have not received anything that would show our new points after we disembarked from the 1/14 cruise. Supposed to take 14 days to show up. Your's showed up that fast????

Yeah...fishy.

We too just ended our cruise on the serenade on Saturday 1/22. We were converted from 8 old to 69 new points and expect this last 7 day cruise to get us to diamond sine we were in gs. Hasn't posted yet so I'm surprised your has already and they're telling you it does count as anything.

Our status was not really "grandfathered" as a cruise we took on Jan 13th was not included in the conversion, even though it was taken prior to the reported Jan 21 start date.

Under the old program, this last cruise would have put us just one sailing away (9 credits) from reaching Diamond level (10 credits). Since Royal Caribbean decided to use a previously unpublished cutoff date of Jan 12th, we are now 3-4 cruises away from reaching Diamond (need 28 of the new points). We contacted the Crown and Anchor Society regarding this and the reply was "sorry".

Followed up the conversation with an email and received what appeared to be a canned reply that included, "Remember, purchasing a suite will earn you DOUBLE points; making your progression to Diamond even faster than before. " Had to laugh since we always book a suite and the new program has actually sent us back :-)

While the new program certainly has some nice features, my wife and I apparently did not make out as well as others with the conversion.

Yes, the same thing happened to me. My 10th cruise ended 1/13. It had not yet posted on 1/21 so I called C&A. It was a 5-day cruise so they said I would get 5 added to my 9-credit converted number of 76.

In my case I still made Diamond. 76 plus the 5 = 81 so I've let it drop. (even thought 10 cruses before 1/21 should have been used and converted to 83).

In other words they are only going on the completed cruises showing in your cruise history on 1/21 not the actual number of completed cruises you actually have as of 1/21. Doesn't seem fair, but that's what they are doing.

Tee-hee! I think you just called me old :D:D

I actually have a photo of the old tub as someone called it. Let me see if I can link to it.

It's kind of hard to read but the ship was 8481 GT, I believe. (Click on the thumbnail.) There were six of us children and some 89 other passengers.

I never meant to call you the evil O word.

To be honest I was was not born until 62. I know my great grand parents took a cruise about time and remember the story's of how the state rooms back then were the size of a walk in closet but the food was top notch 5 star dining, not assembly line cooking of today and the service was second to none. the early days of cruising might not be as glitzy as today but the quality was the best.

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic, sorry for the hijack

Hi all, just wanted to report a positive outcome...

my situation is WAY back in the thread so I will recap.

DH and I got off a 5 nighter, in a JS, on January 20, the day before the changes were announced. We had upgraded to JS because we had 8 credits and that would make us diamond next time.

Under the conversion, including the Jan 15 - 20 cruise, we ended up at 79 points, just one point shy of diamond. After several conversations with C&A reps, the situation has now been corrected and we are indeed showing at diamond!

So, happy to say RC did the right thing, at least in my case.

Yeah...fishy.

We too just ended our cruise on the serenade on Saturday 1/22. We were converted from 8 old to 69 new points and expect this last 7 day cruise to get us to diamond sine we were in gs. Hasn't posted yet so I'm surprised your has already and they're telling you it does count as anything.

C & A didn't say the cruise did not count -- it was counted under the new system even though the entire cruise (1/13 - 1/17) occurred prior to the Jan 21 roll out of the new system.

Well, that is strange. We just came off of a 10 night that started on 1/14. Noticed while on board, checking online, that the change went through on the 21st which put us to Emerald on the conversion as of that date. Have not received anything that would show our new points after we disembarked from the 1/14 cruise. Supposed to take 14 days to show up. Your's showed up that fast????

Ours ended on 1/17 and was displayed on the RCCL website on the 1/27 with it credited under the new system. I'm still going round and round with C&A as to why this cruise that was completed prior to 1/21 was not included in the conversion.

The DD is temporarily living with us, so her mail comes here. She just got the new mailer and it shows her as Platinum. She only has 3 cruises. My guess is that she was living with us as a minor when we were platinum way back when so they listed her as platinum and then converted her nights at sea to equal that. Too bad she is no longer a minor, now that she is living with us, she would become D+;)

Archived