Deck One Oceanviews on the Magic

iewe

Does anyone have any experience with the Deck one oceanview rooms on the Magic? Are they portholes or the larger windows? What is that deck like? I am looking at booking a cruise for my family of four (husband and two kids ages 6 and 3 at time of sailing) and am wondering what else is on that deck besides the small amount of rooms... Is there a lot of noise on that deck? Anything else anyone can tell me about that deck?

Does anyone have any experience with the Deck one oceanview rooms on the Magic? Are they portholes or the larger windows? What is that deck like? I am looking at booking a cruise for my family of four (husband and two kids ages 6 and 3 at time of sailing) and am wondering what else is on that deck besides the small amount of rooms... Is there a lot of noise on that deck? Anything else anyone can tell me about that deck?

Here's a picture of the portholes. They are about 18 inches across and about head high to an adult.

2j5fbd2.jpg

Also located on deck 1 is the health center. And most of the port stops will debark from deck one, however, this happens in a lobby area that is separated from the rooms. Also there is crew areas from mid-ship toward the aft area.

I haven't stayed on deck 1, we've only been on deck 2, but I don't think it's particularly noisy since the only people through that corridor would be the guests and the corridor doesn't go anywhere except the rooms.

:)

We were in cabin 1048 on the Magic Nov 20-27. It was definitely quiet, even on port mornings. Like the previous poster said, the only areas on deck 1 are the health center and a debarkation area. It was nice being so close to our room when we arrived back on the ship on port days.

As far as the 1st floor...I'm still not sure what I think about it. We did a Western Caribbean on Freedom of the Seas the same week last year and I remember laying in bed (on the 9th floor) and feeling gentle movement. We definitely had more rocking on the Wonder. We did have rougher seas this year so I don't know if it is fair to blame the location of our cabin. The day we had 14 foot waves they were breaking over our windows. It was very unsettling.

Nevertheless, given the opportunity to get the same discount we did, I would take this cruise again even understanding we'd likely receive room in the same area.

We were in cabin 1048 on the Magic Nov 20-27. It was definitely quiet, even on port mornings. Like the previous poster said, the only areas on deck 1 are the health center and a debarkation area. It was nice being so close to our room when we arrived back on the ship on port days.

As far as the 1st floor...I'm still not sure what I think about it. We did a Western Caribbean on Freedom of the Seas the same week last year and I remember laying in bed (on the 9th floor) and feeling gentle movement. We definitely had more rocking on the Wonder. We did have rougher seas this year so I don't know if it is fair to blame the location of our cabin. The day we had 14 foot waves they were breaking over our windows. It was very unsettling.

Nevertheless, given the opportunity to get the same discount we did, I would take this cruise again even understanding we'd likely receive room in the same area.

And was it indeed portholes for windows?

Archived