ES question

Mel1322

We booked our cruise back in April using the ES rate. Over the summer the rate dropped 2 times. Both times we were approved for the price drop. Both times the rate drop was still listed under the ES rate.

Now here we are 51 days until we cruise. The pack n go rate is hovering close to our ES rate. So I am keeping an eye on it in case it falls lower. My question is, if we put in for the Pack n go rate price, it is possible we will lose the rooms we picked? The pack n go does not allow for you to pick the rooms just the catagory, so I am worried. We are traveling with another family who did not do ES, so I don't want to move rooms at this point

Thank

We booked our cruise back in April using the ES rate. Over the summer the rate dropped 2 times. Both times we were approved for the price drop. Both times the rate drop was still listed under the ES rate.

Now here we are 51 days until we cruise. The pack n go rate is hovering close to our ES rate. So I am keeping an eye on it in case it falls lower. My question is, if we put in for the Pack n go rate price, it is possible we will lose the rooms we picked? The pack n go does not allow for you to pick the rooms just the catagory, so I am worried. We are traveling with another family who did not do ES, so I don't want to move rooms at this point

Thank

Most likely you will lose your picked cabins...our friends did..most people do..I have heard of some who didn't...question is, do you want to take the chance?

The rules of ES say you have to price match to your category. With ES you had to have chosen a cabin .. all pack n go's are always gtys. If there is a type of category ABOVE yours, then you can check both boxes, to get the upgrade and price drop .. but they probably wouldnt let it slip thru to price match to the same type, i.e. IS to 4B, BL to 8A etc (though they have)

pack n go's are only gtys.

Thanks. We don't want to take the chance. We have two rooms for us (kids in one, DH and I in other), and are next to our friends' two rooms. We wanted it that way so when the younger ones go to bed, then we only need one person from our group to go back to the cabins.

Glad I know, so we won't risk losing the rooms. Next time when it is just DH and I, I would take the chance.:D

Archived