Family verandah vs CC 1?

cecil1

Any advice would be appreciated please. Have switched to a family verandah for lst week of 2 b/b cruises on Summit end of this month to the Caribbean. Couldn't get a family verandah for second week.

Have any of you Celebrity folks tried both classes of rooms? Have you a preference? The. F/V is on the very back of the ship, -CC is somewhere midship. Thanks.

We made a similar change for our cruise in Feb. The FOV is so much bigger (100 sq. Ft.) and the balconies are huge! We have a corner. I felt very lucky to be able to get into one, they are usually sold out.

Your heading says CC1. If you are indeed in a C1 you are aft or on deck 6 with the suites. FV's give you more room in the cabin as well as the large veranda. C1's have verandas that are almost as large as the FV's. C2's and C3's don't have verandas near the size of the FV's or C1's. If you are not elite and the price difference is minimal, the C1's are about the equal to the non-corner FV's. The extra credit gets you up the ladder faster. Corner FV is extra special and makes many cruisers' heartrate jump.

We had a corner FV on the Infinity. If you can get one, do it! The space is fantastic! In our suite there was a room divider.If your traveling with kids as we were, it makes a huge difference. In this room there were two sofa bed pull outs. The patio was huge! The decision between CC and the size of FV was an easy choice for us to make!

Any advice would be appreciated please. Have switched to a family verandah for lst week of 2 b/b cruises on Summit end of this month to the Caribbean. Couldn't get a family verandah for second week.

Have any of you Celebrity folks tried both classes of rooms? Have you a preference? The. F/V is on the very back of the ship, -CC is somewhere midship. Thanks.

I think you will really enjoy the F/V cabin! You are soooo lucky to get the F/V cabin.

We usually sail CC, but last year we had the opportunity to get a F/V on the Summit and it was so cool to have a bigger room and balcony. DH missed the CC service, but it was fun to have the extra space and to try something different.

Enjoy your cruise!!! :)

I'd like to know this too! Can you put 5 in the corner aft?
Yes you can and they actually prefer selling those cabins for 5 people, but whether you would be happy with 5 people packed in there is another question. I would only consider doing that if I had 3 very small children.

We cruised with a family of 5 who booked an FV and put the 2 older children in an inside cabin, which worked out very well for all of them. The older children were delighted with the arrangement, being able to sleep on real beds and have the additional bathroom.

Yes, but it costs $1900 more! I am waiting until closer to our cruise in July and see if there is a inside cabin cheaper! There aren't any close ones to our cabin available right now according to the celebrity site. Do you know anything about the verandah cabins with pull down berth?

Yes you can and they actually prefer selling those cabins for 5 people, but whether you would be happy with 5 people packed in there is another question. I would only consider doing that if I had 3 very small children.

We cruised with a family of 5 who booked an FV and put the 2 older children in an inside cabin, which worked out very well for all of them. The older children were delighted with the arrangement, being able to sleep on real beds and have the additional bathroom.

We had 5 in this room. However the three kids were under 5yrs, so they didn't take up too much room. The sofa bed sleeps two, and the other sofa flips into a single sleeper. With the master comfortably sleeping two. Theoretically you could sleep 5 adults in this room, you'd just have to get a little cozy at night ;)

Archived