Current Champagne on Silversea

pjunction

Having sailed with Silversea for a number of years, I have seen the house champagne change from one to the other. Champagnes such as Pommery, Perrier Jouet, Drappier & Nicholas? are just a few I remember them serving complimentary. Pommery and Perrier Jouet being my favorite were not available my last cruise and was told by the sommelier that Silversea had finished there contract with those two champagnes and would not be offering them in the future complimentary. Can someone sailing now provide the name(s) of the champagne being served complimentary on Silversea now. Thank You

Having sailed with Silversea for a number of years, I have seen the house champagne change from one to the other. Champagnes such as Pommery, Perrier Jouet, Drappier & Nicholas? are just a few I remember them serving complimentary. Pommery and Perrier Jouet being my favorite were not available my last cruise and was told by the sommelier that Silversea had finished there contract with those two champagnes and would not be offering them in the future complimentary. Can someone sailing now provide the name(s) of the champagne being served complimentary on Silversea now. Thank You

Unfortunately it's currently Drappier. My DW prefers the Rustico Prosecco to the current offering. She might be the reason that Silversea no longer offers Pommery - I believe she drank it all !

When we were on the Silver Cloud six months ago, they had several others options available in addition to the most served Drappier brand. ASK!!! We got Pommery some. We visited and toured that location in Reims, France, and like that brand. On the ship, they have more variety as potentials than what what you might expect. If you have some special requests, you might alert them several weeks before your cruise. If it's one of the normal price range options, they might be able to provide that Champagne brand.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 27,800 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

When we were on the Silver Cloud six months ago, they had several others options available in addition to the most served Drappier brand. ASK!!! We got Pommery some. We visited and toured that location in Reims, France, and like that brand. On the ship, they have more variety as potentials than what what you might expect. If you have some special requests, you might alert them several weeks before your cruise. If it's one of the normal price range options, they might be able to provide that Champagne brand.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 27,800 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

We did ask, but was advised that they didn't have any Pommery aboard the Whisper for our S.America voyage.

We did ask, but was advised that they didn't have any Pommery aboard the Whisper for our S.America voyage.

Pommery was available on Silver Spirit, December 2010 out of Ft Lauderdale. However it was not widely advertised and you had to ask ( Insist?).

Archived