Delivery of diapers to yourself?

milton333

With the help of some great people on here, we have narrowed our search for a cruise with our under-2 toddler to Royal Caribbean Oasis, Freedom of the Seas, and Liberty of the Seas, or potentially Norwegian Epic.

I know that Royal Caribbean has something where I can have Huggies brand diapers delivered to my stateroom. But it's not my brand, and I'm sure it's much more expensive than bringing my own. We'll be flying from the Midwest.

I don't suppose that I could have diapers delivered to the cruise ship for me on embarkation day? On past cruises, we've received special-occasion gifts that were delivered to us, but I guess they may have been purchased through the cruise line?

I get 30% off the normal retail price through a diaper delivery service on Amazon (free shipping). I expect to take a taxi from airport to the cruise port, so it's doubtful we'd stop somewhere to buy diapers, and any we bought would be more expensive than what we usually pay.

I get 30% off the normal retail price through a diaper delivery service on Amazon (free shipping). I expect to take a taxi from airport to the cruise port, so it's doubtful we'd stop somewhere to buy diapers, and any we bought would be more expensive than what we usually pay.

There are plenty of places (drugstores, grocery stores, etc) along the way to the port.

Um.....and I hope not to sound overly mean about this: you may need to bite the bullet and just spend more on diapers than you normally would. It's a SUPPLY/DEMAND sorta thing.....

We pick up a case of diapers on the way to the port and put a luggage tag on the huge box and they'll be delivered to the room with our luggage.

We aren't Huggies fans either and we also use Amazon Mom for our diapers...

That being said, we will bite the bullet for the week and pay more for our brand of diapers and buy them in our departure port before we board. I have recently heard stories of people ordering them through RCI and then they didn't show up (baby food as well). Since those are not things that are stored on the ship, they were unable to get them on board at all (the items never made it on the ship apparently). We were originally not going to bring any baby food onboard and just use RCI's program to have it delivered to our room. I won't be counting on that anymore, we will bring our own.

We also do not use Huggies and we use Amazon Mom (love it!). I would call your cruise line and ask, it doesn't hurt. Worst they can say is no. We plan on just packing them in our suitcase but we are flying Southwest and not paying for checked bags so it's not a big deal for us.

Archived