Epic suite perks comments

erdoran

Hi all, We are staying in a Spa Suite and I was thinking about doing one of the Honeymoon Packages. Do you think either is worth the fee? We are interested in Le-Bistro and having massages anyway.

504 Honeymoon/Anniversary Package…………….$135.00

· Sparkling wine and strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation.

· Canapes delivered to your stateroom one evening.

· Honeymooner’s champagne and cake party.

· Honeymoon photograph.

· Romantic dinner for two in Le Bistro with a complimentary bottle of wine

505 Deluxe Honeymoon Package…………........…..$229.00

· Sparkling wine and strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation.

· Canapes delivered to your stateroom one evening.

· Honeymooner’s champagne and cake party.

· Honeymoon photograph.

· Romantic dinner for two in Le Bistro with a complimentary bottle of wine.

· Breakfast in bed on one day of your choice.

· Two 25 minute Mandara Spa half body Seven Seas Massages

You get included with the Spa Suite

• sparkling wine upon embarkation
  • canapes every afternoon, including embarkation
  • your butler can bring you breakfast in bed every day if you like!

You should figure out how much Le Bistro & a bottle of wine are worth, as well as the photo (perhaps $20?) and the massage ($50?).

For the strawberries at embarkation, take a walk to the buffet and help yourself to fresh fruit, perhaps there are strawberries there, or ask your butler to bring you a (free) bowl of strawberries!

IMHO not worth it to pay for the pkg because you are already paying for a lot of the items in the price of the suite!

Sidders79, we used the Mandara Spa regularly, just the "free" portion. It's GREAT! Love the big thalassotherapy pool, steam rooms, saunas, tile loungers and aft balcony. it gets crowded at times, but at least on this trip there were times it wasn't a zoo (unlike the maiden TA). We didn't care to pay for any services. I think if you search the NCL website somewhere there is a services menu with prices.

Thanks for that Erdoran. I thought that might be the case with some of the perks. Le-Bistro will set us back $65-70 with wine and I'm not too fussed about the photo.

Sparkling wine, strawberries and breakfast in bed were something I thought would be nice but if we can get that anyway there is no point paying the extra.

I am struggling to find prices for massages though. Did you happen to notice any of the prices?

Thanks for that Erdoran. I thought that might be the case with some of the perks. Le-Bistro will set us back $65-70 with wine and I'm not too fussed about the photo.

Sparkling wine, strawberries and breakfast in bed were something I thought would be nice but if we can get that anyway there is no point paying the extra.

I am struggling to find prices for massages though. Did you happen to notice any of the prices?

google for Mandara Spa Menu; if you can't find it guesstimate $1/minute for the massages, it should be close enough. Other services I recall are pedicures $50 to $70 depending on what you get, and of course add 18% autogratuity for the spa....and if that's not enough, there is a line on the form you sign for "extra tip", so you can always tip MORE :>

If the Armando that used to be on the Sun, he's the best!

I know it's the same Armando from the Star and I think he was on the Sun sometime before that. He's just wonderful, will really do anything needed and so responsive! I wonder if his girlfriend (fiance?) from the Star also moved to the Epic?

Do you have to make reservations to eat at the Epic Club or can you just turn up anytime?

no reservations needed....and if you don't like what's on the menu, discuss your tastes with the maitre d' and they'll find something you do like, whether it's prepared by them or ordered in from another restaurant!

Edoran...I know you sailed in a CV on your last cruise and stated FREE Manadara Spa...is it now included with the CV to use the Thalasso and Saunas there as well? See you in October:)!

The prices for massages stard at around $159 for 50 minutes and go up from there! The massage I was interested in (Thai Herbal) was almost $400 for 1 hr.!

Edoran...I know you sailed in a CV on your last cruise and stated FREE Manadara Spa...is it now included with the CV to use the Thalasso and Saunas there as well? See you in October:)!

The prices for massages stard at around $159 for 50 minutes and go up from there! The massage I was interested in (Thai Herbal) was almost $400 for 1 hr.!

NO! I was in a SPA SUITE, not CV. Spa is included with S9 Spa Suite, it is NOT included with CV. On our October cruise I am in a CV and the spa is NOT included :<

NO! I was in a SPA SUITE, not CV. Spa is included with S9 Spa Suite, it is NOT included with CV. On our October cruise I am in a CV and the spa is NOT included :<

I guess I have to bite in the apple and buy the Spa/Sauna package again! I did not like the steam rooms in the Courtyard and a everyday steam/sauna and swim is part of my cruise vacation! I liked the Steam Rooms in the Garden Villa...it was great just to wake up and fall in the steam room with a gallon of coffe...detox...shower...shave and vomit like all the supermodels do...LMAO!:eek:

By the way did you have a chance to look at the CV? I love them...so cozy for 1 or 2 people!

I've read somewhere that you need to be back on the ship 2 hours prior to sailing away from each of the ports. Is that the case or is there some leeway?

2 hours prior to INITIAL departure.... 30 mins for subsequent ports.

Archived