Bayonne/ Cape Liberty ?

sara mom

On RCI's Explorer leaving May 26th. Now its time to decide about driving down a day early or just get up real early to drive from Rochester, NY on the 26th. My question is about the names...is Cape Liberty the same as Bayonne? I've read a bunch of threads and at 1st I thought they were 2 different, but now I am not so sure.

It seems most park and stays don't offer the free shuttle service, and since there will be 4 adults to pay taxi fees for, it just might be that we are driving down.

Is there a better address to use for the GPS rather than 14 Port Terminal Boulevard?

On RCI's Explorer leaving May 26th. Now its time to decide about driving down a day early or just get up real early to drive from Rochester, NY on the 26th. My question is about the names...is Cape Liberty the same as Bayonne? I've read a bunch of threads and at 1st I thought they were 2 different, but now I am not so sure. They are the same.

It seems most park and stays don't offer the free shuttle service, and since there will be 4 adults to pay taxi fees for, it just might be that we are driving down. There are several options for park/sleeps if you want to stay over the night before. Post back if you want more details.

Is there a better address to use for the GPS rather than 14 Port Terminal Boulevard?

GPS can be quirky in Bayonne. It's better to follow the written directions - when you get off the NJ turnpike at exit 14a, go straight across the toll plaza and up the road/ramp that curves left. Stay to the right and bear right until you get to the light at route 440. Make a left, stay left, and make a left at the first light onto Port Terminal Blvd.

On RCI's Explorer leaving May 26th. Now its time to decide about driving down a day early or just get up real early to drive from Rochester, NY on the 26th. My question is about the names...is Cape Liberty the same as Bayonne? I've read a bunch of threads and at 1st I thought they were 2 different, but now I am not so sure.

It seems most park and stays don't offer the free shuttle service, and since there will be 4 adults to pay taxi fees for, it just might be that we are driving down.

You may be well served to drive 1/2 way from Rochester and THEN drive to the port the following morning.

IF you leave Rochester and drive to Scranton/Parsippany/Secaucus, you are essentially splitting the trip in 2 days. Sure you can drive it in one (my truck drivers do it every day) BUT you are looking for an easy place to stay with park and cruise.

Run the numbers. Is it cheaper to book a park and cruise hotel around the port OR is it cheaper to book a NICE hotel someplace else (with things to do and place to eat) and PAY to park at the port??? Your choice but I personally vote for a hotel around Secaucus and park at the port

Archived