where to stay pre cruise in Quebec

You need to post this on the Canada board. There is lots of info there about Quebec City. You can also do a search on that board to get hotel suggestions. We did this cruise on the Crown Oct. 2009. You are going to love it. If you would like my cruise notes, my e-mail is

gthiel at tampabay dot rr dot com

• 1 month later...

There's lots of great places. Check on Trip Advisor. You want to stay in the old city so avoid the large name brand high rises.

Do a search here on the Canada page (look to right of blue bar at the top of the listings) and you will find many previous posts.

• 3 weeks later...

To Host Caroline: I have searched for the hotel you referenced near the Frontenac and cannot find it anywhere. Are you sure this is the correct name for the hotel? Can you provide more specific info, a web site, etc. that will allow me to investigate further? Thanks

To Host Caroline: I have searched for the hotel you referenced near the Frontenac and cannot find it anywhere. Are you sure this is the correct name for the hotel? Can you provide more specific info, a web site, etc. that will allow me to investigate further? Thanks

I think this is the one referred to. It either means 'House of Stone' or Pierre's House

http://www.chateaudepierre.com/en/

This is an alternative in the lower town. The lower town is just below the ramparts of the city. It is closer to the cruise terminal. It is an easy walk, or taxi anywhere in Old Quebec. There is also a funicular from lower town to the ramparts.

http://www.auberge.qc.ca/en/index.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

I think your best bet for Qubec is ,of course ,the Chateau Frontenac. It is one, if not, the most beautiful hotel in the world. It has come to represent the city itself. I believe their prices have been reduced considerably in the past 5 years. "If you are in for the nickle,you are in for the dime" Save when you get home!!! I have stayed here ever since I was a little boy, and my memories far surpass my hunger. Give it up!!!.

Best,

Tom

Archived