Travel Guard insurance

schwaja3

Has anybody used Travel Guard insurance for their cruise? If not what company have you used? I'm not sure I want to pay the NCL rates for insurance, but don't know which company to use.

Thanks for any and all help!

Jack

its recommended not to take out the insurance with the cruise company in case of cruise company probs

i just booked my December cruise with Travel Guard have used them in the past--no claims but always feel they are a good reliable reputable company to deal with.

We've used Travel Guard for years. Unfortunately, we've had to file a couple of claims (including for the last minute cancellation of a cruise on NCL for medical reasons); fortunately, Travel Guard was very good at handling those claims --prompt and easy to deal with.

For the reasons Starfish says above, I would not buy travel insurance from the travel provider.

We had a large claim with Travel Guard last year for a missed cruise and two week stay in Italy. Our flight was cancelled after we had already boarded the plane due to the Ash Cloud last April. Travel Guard did a great job, even under pressure with thousands of calls.

We also have had a delayed luggage claim with using the NCL insurance and I actually found them great to deal with and they paid within days...not weeks compared to Travel Guard. (our luggage enjoyed a vacation on the Jewel as we sailed on the Dawn)

Read all the fine print on any insurance choice!

-Kim

Something important that I didn't see mentioned here is that generally, you need to purchase insurance within two weeks of booking the cruise in order to have coverage of pre-existing conditions. I believe a pre-existing condition is one that a person has been treated for in the previous year, but I'm not positive of the exact length of time.

We've used Travel Guard for years. Unfortunately, we've had to file a couple of claims (including for the last minute cancellation of a cruise on NCL for medical reasons); fortunately, Travel Guard was very good at handling those claims --prompt and easy to deal with.

For the reasons Starfish says above, I would not buy travel insurance from the travel provider.

We won't leave home without Travel Guard, we had when we were booked through the Panama Canal in '09, my Wife got diagnosed with Breast Cancer, they never asked a question, settled immediately. Good company to deal with!

We won't leave home without Travel Guard, we had when we were booked through the Panama Canal in '09, my Wife got diagnosed with Breast Cancer, they never asked a question, settled immediately. Good company to deal with!

I hope that your wife is doing well.

Archived