Paris Guide for 4 people Help.

Bowie MeMe

We had such a great guide in Istanbul that I think we would like to have a private guide with car in Paris. Anyone done this before and how did you go about the arrangements? There were lots of recommendations for some ports of Europe but very few for others. TIA.

We had such a great guide in Istanbul that I think we would like to have a private guide with car in Paris. Anyone done this before and how did you go about the arrangements? There were lots of recommendations for some ports of Europe but very few for others. TIA.

I am sure someone will answer your question,but guides in Paris can be hard to find as far as a car and driver due to the traffic which can be just dreadful and you spend more time in the car than out of it.Paris is a walking city and really the best way IMHO and I have spent a lot of time there is to do the HOHO bus routes.They get through traffic and you can spend time where you want as well as some include a river cruise.If you do not find a guide re the board I would check with the hotel as they can be of great help as well.A good map and guide book will also serve you well.Enjoy.

Karen summarized correctly that Paris is not a city for a car. Parking is very, very limited, if any. For an excellent private, personal tours, check with

parisphototours@aol.com

Or, her websites of

http://www.lindamathieu.com/paris

We have used her and it worked super well.

A combination of walking around and using the Metro works in a nice manner for Paris.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 27,800 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Archived