Help with hotels in Miami

Hi! I need a cheap hotel in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale (I heard that they are very close to each other? Is this true? We're shipping out of Miami). I'd prefer if it had a salon in it or super close that did hair/make up and if it had shuttles to the cruises! I'm having my wedding on the departure day of a cruise in April on the Liberty and I still don't have hotels booked! Any recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...

I used 1-800-hotels and stayed at The intercontinental Miami it was beautiful and through them we got a great deal. I had my hair done at Panache Salon, which was a cab ride away. I called ahead and they opened early just for me, they did a great job, little language barrier but it didn't matter.

I'm a native floridian living in PA which is now feeling like the North Pole! Anyways, Ft. Lauderdale is about 45 min from the port of Miami. We are getting married onboard the Celebration also out of Miami. We are flying into Ft Lauderdale on the 16th and staying at a hotel on Hollywood Beach. I got an awesome deal on rooms!! They were $79 a night and have oceanfront. The hotel is right on the boardwalk which has lots to do. There are many places to get hair/makeup done and some will come to you. Also, we have a limo taking us to the port the day of the wedding. Limo ride ...$75! It's a great deal and way cheaper to stay up that way in my opinion. Miami can get expensive. I also feel better staying in the Ft Lauderdale area. If you have any questions, let me know...I'll be happy to help any way I can. Congrats and Best Wishes...my day is Feb 18th! I can't wait! We just got our rings yesterday.

I am staying at the red roof inn miami airport for 65 dollars a night with free transportation from the airport and free transportation to the port. It's nothing special, but it's cheap and convenient. As far as salons nearby, I'm not sure. I know that the Intercontinental has a salon but it's over 100 a night, so that wasn't an option for me when thinking about having to tell all of my guests to pay more money. Hope that helps!

Archived