Scaled-Down Benefits on Norwegian Epic

pintessential

I am about to sail on my 3rd cruise with NCL. Although I personally preferred the food quality and level of service on Royal Caribbean, my fiance and I embraced the younger audience we encountered on NCL (closer to our age), as well as the entertainment options.

I will be sailing on the Epic this coming week, and was disappointed to find out the following:

- NCL sent me an electronic coupon booklet to use on my upcoming cruise, but all the coupons I want to use are not valid on the Epic.

- Judging from the Latitudes Website, they have excluded cocktail receptions from the new ship.

While none of these items are deal-breakers, why is NCL skimping on these minimal benefits when passengers like I have paid higher premiums to sail on this new ship? I think its especially important not to alienate Latitudes members, since they make up a great deal of NCL's business.

I don't know why the coupons aren't valid on the Epic but re: the Latitudes parties, they do have the cocktail parties onboard for silver members and higher. From previous threads here, it sounds like there are too many bronze members to be able to accomodate them all so the Epic only does parties for silver and up.

So is it true that in the main dining rooms they have the same menu every night??? forcing you to do the speciality restaurants?:eek:

A co worker just came back and said the menu never changed....i cant believe that!!!:rolleyes:

There are 2 sides to the menu. The left side has daily specials including a few appitizers/starters and 3 or 4 different entrees. The right side of the menu is the always available that does not change. This includes you standard starters (French onion soup, caesar salad, mushroom Quesadilla) and several entrees (NY Strip, Chicken breast, pasta with choice of sauces and I belive there was a fish). On this thread, someone posted pics of the daily specials for the MDR from each night of the cruise - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1285789&highlight=

No the menus are not the same every night. I did eat once at Modernos and decided I would just eat MDR every night but Modernos was so good I did go back one more time. I enjoyed every meal I had in Taste or Manhattan Room. Taste and Manhattan Room have the same menus as each other but they are not the same for the whole week.

Archived