Bridge tour-How can I get one?-Millenium

chaka7969

Go to guest relations your first day and put in a request; they sometimes will be able to get you on a list. Also attend your Celebrity Connections party; sometimes they invite people from that party (you sign up via the Cruise Critic roll call boards). They do not do actual engine room tours, but sometimes engine control room tours. Bridge tours are more common (as well as galley tours).

Go to guest relations your first day and put in a request; they sometimes will be able to get you on a list. Also attend your Celebrity Connections party; sometimes they invite people from that party (you sign up via the Cruise Critic roll call boards). They do not do actual engine room tours, but sometimes engine control room tours. Bridge tours are more common (as well as galley tours).

Thanks

On my Celebrity cruise (Constellation) a few years ago I wrote a short note to the capatin requesting a bridge tour for my group of relatives, maybe 12 of us. We were invited! On my next Celebrity cruise (same ship) I did the same thing and was told they don't give bridge tours. Go figure.

We have just come back from the Millenium, our first cruise on Celebrity but 9th cruise in all. We received an invitation to the bridge. When we went to the meeting place, thee were about a dozen of us. We all wondered why we had been invited, we discussed, cabin type, cruise history, then we realised we had all met briefly before. At the cruise connections party. That was the common denominator, so, sign up for the party (which incidentally are so well arranged, the capatain attended ours) and maybe you will just be invited to the bridge.

Penny.

There are no hard and fast rules and ultimately its up to the Captain. Follow Gonzo's advice and ask to be put on the list at Guest Relations...they will ask you to keep it a secret!! On most ships, if they are doing bridge tours, you will get invited on a sea day, along with about 20 others in your group. It is quite usual to have 5 or 6 tours in a morning (as they are usually only 20 - 30 mins), so I would say you have a better than even chance.

Simon

On our 2nd Celebrity cruise, we made friends with people who had completed many Celebrity cruises and were going on a galley tour. They asked Guest Relations if they could bring us, and we were invited! The tour was fascinating and so interesting! I loved it and would go again.

On our last RCI cruise (our 2nd cruise with RCI) they had an auction for 'things money can't buy' with all money going towards the children's Make-A-Wish Foundation. We bid for and won a bridge tour for $1100. It was for 4 people, so we took 2 ladies who we sat with at dinner each night (a mother and daughter - the mother was 82 and such a laugh).

The bridge tour was OK, but nowhere near as fascinating as the galley tour! We did get to meet Captain Rick, but we forgot to ask for a photo with him on the bridge! We were probably only there for about 15 minutes, and there really is not much going on at all. It was very clean and very organised.

They also auctioned an engine room tour that went for $2400!!!

Just off the Millennium on Dec 24. They had set up bridge tours for all cruisecritics folks (presumably those that signed up for the connections party) on the first sea day. 30 minutes each with some interesting info and great views. There were also some other opprotunities to get info and see other "operations" like the engine room and dining but as I recall they were mainly on port days when we were out doing things on the islands.

Want a Bridge tour - easy - have your luggage lost! On our July Baltic Cruise my checked suitcase was lost - I don't think it ever left JFK!! Anyway Celebrity was fabulous dealing with the situation and it was delivered late on cruise day 3. But we were invited to almost everything - bridge tour, heliport "party" sailing through the archipelago into Stockholm!

On a serious note, we had a small Roll Call but enough for a party and I think all/most who attend were invited to the Bridge tour. It was only our 2nd Celebrity cruise but then we also were in a C1 cabin. In short, I don't really know what got us invited but I'm happy we were! Asking guest relations can't hurt!

Have a fabulous cruise!

I guess I'm out of luck. It's only our 2nd on Celeb.

Don't count on that. I inquired of the Concierge Hostess on our very first cruise, and she told me to write a note to the captain. A couple days later, I received a call saying when and where to meet, and got to spend nearly an hour with Captain Dimitrios and another couple on the bridge, which was one of the highlights of our trip!

Archived