Last Radiance cruises

Is it true that the Radiance cruises out of Tampa will be the last Radiance caribbean cruises?

As it's scheduled now, it is. She heads through the Panama Canal on April 30th. To Vancouver on May 20th to drop off passengers, then dry dock in Victoria for 3 weeks. Off to Alaska for the summer and then in September she heads to Australia. In March 2012 she heads back to Alaska. It is presumed she will be back and forth between Australia and Alaska but we know how ships move around. Who knows for sure until they are scheduled?

Cruise her while you can out of Tampa. Next year Jewel will be in Tampa to replace her.

Gina

Is it true that the Radiance cruises out of Tampa will be the last Radiance caribbean cruises?

Watch for announcements, but it seems likely that Radiance will continue serving the US even if out of a different port than Tampa. Australia and Alaska may take up a good part of the year, but beyond that I think only the top executives at RCI know for sure. Perhaps when the new schedules are announced in a few months the picture will be clearer.:)

Radiance, our favorite ship, please come home to California. We are even willing to share.

My favorite cruise was the MR out of San Diego on the Radiance, followed by the PNW on the Mariner. I have no idea why California cruises don't sell.

Any inside info on what the Jewel will be doing in Fall of 2012? I'm hoping to book her for the Canada/NE run in Sept 2012.

Thanks!

No clue....but I'm looking for her Sept. 2012 schedule to do the TA that is already a sell out for 2011.

Gina

No clue....but I'm looking for her Sept. 2012 schedule to do the TA that is already a sell out for 2011.

Gina

I'm booking this same TA! The Iceland stops is what sold me. I'm curious if they'll be doing the 2 stops as they did in 2010 or the overnight that is scheduled for this September? Hoping the schedule is released mid-March...getting anxious:)

Any inside info on what the Jewel will be doing in Fall of 2012? I'm hoping to book her for the Canada/NE run in Sept 2012.

As someone mentioned in another thread, the Sydney Harbor calendar lists a "Radiance Class Vessel" first arriving on Dec 21, 2012, making a few 13-nightish trips, and then leaving April 5, 2013. This is in addition to the Radiance herself. Whether that's the Jewel, the Brilliance, or the Serenade is anyone's guess, but if it's the Jewel, it does make one wonder what path it would take between leaving Tampa and arriving in Sydney.

Our October cruise on the Jewel (repositioning) is basically sold out as well - trying to get a suite but settling for a balcony right now - hoping for someone to cancel to get an upgrade:)

Wait until about a month before she sails. This past year they had the sailing on Tuesday Specials twice and they were giving the cruise away.

Our Jewel trip next month went down 400 dollars plus for two - and there are six of us - four of us we were the only lucky ones - got a credit on our card - the other two did not - we book in October 2009 - so in some cases it was good to book far out

Archived