Formal Nights on Caribbean

iseeunow2

I am considering the 4/2 on Caribbean Princess and wondering about the 2 Formal Nights. Have previously saled on NCL & love Freestyle. We prefer resort casual all nights....My question is, on the 2 formal nights can we visit Cafe Caribe/Buffett in resort casual? We're in our mid-late 20's and understand that a lot of people like to get decked out on formal nights, but its really not for us & we're trying to pick a line other(better) than NCL....Any suggestions?:confused:

You don't have to feel obligated to dress up on formal night... You can eat at the Cafe Caribe/Buffett in your shorts and casual wear...

However you can still eat in the dining rooms w/out having to dress up.

There is such a wide variety of attire... ball gowns and tuxedos... summer dresses... khaki pants and a top... You can still wear your "resort wear" clothing of formal night in the dining room!

I am about the same age as you... On some Princess cruises, I have been all decked out... On my last cruise on the Caribbean Princess, I simply wore a pair of white pants and a flow-y top... I didn't feel out of place at all!

You'll LOVE your Princess cruise!!

I am considering the 4/2 on Caribbean Princess and wondering about the 2 Formal Nights. Have previously saled on NCL & love Freestyle. We prefer resort casual all nights....My question is, on the 2 formal nights can we visit Cafe Caribe/Buffett in resort casual? We're in our mid-late 20's and understand that a lot of people like to get decked out on formal nights, but its really not for us & we're trying to pick a line other(better) than NCL....Any suggestions?:confused:

I found the formal nites on this ship, to be more casual in attire, than other cruises we have been on.

We're going back in July, & I'm not even bringing any gowns. Told my DH not to bring his Tux either.

You can go to the Cafe Caribe on formal nites & wear casual clothes. I wouldn't worry.

Minette

On Formal nights isn't the attire still tux or dark suit or jacket in the dining rooms & not resort casual on the 2 formal nights?

Yes it is still formal wear, on those 2 nites, but you don't have to wear very formal clothes. Long, short dress, pantsuit , with fancy accessories will do.

If you go to the Caribe Cafe, you can wear whatever you want.

Minette

Archived