Galveston hotels with cruise parking

drosphot

Does anyone have a list of Galveston hotels with cruise parking deals/packages?

We need to take two cars and if we can stay Saturday night at a hotel with cruise parking for about equal to or less than parking costs two cars at the cruise terminal then we are all over it! And the beach!

Pretty much every hotel has free cruise parking. Pick one ... any one. Even $40 EconoLodge has free cruise parking. Since most people are in only one car, it usually doesnt pay to use it since you need to pay a taxi to the port, which will run around $15 each way and for a short cruise you can park around $35 at EZCruise etc, or $50 on a longer cruise.

Holiday Inn is about the only hotel that has a shuttle. One other hotel chain shares the shuttle, but its known to be so slow, people get a taxi anyway after waiting and giving up.

PS pretty much no one would park at the port in Galveston with such great offsite parking lots.

If you have the money and not a lot of luggage, you can try the Harbor House. We use it because you can leave your vehicle parked there and since we don't have a lot of luggage, we can walk to the terminal. It is not the cheapest but we think it is the most convenient.

We also stayed at Victorian Condo Hotel Resort once. Rooms are ok. They have a shuttle but like the fly says, you have to be patient.

Thanks for the replies. We live ~4 hours from Galveston and the problem is we all own small cars and big loud Dodge Diesel that aren't comfortable for 5 on a road trip.

Wife would like to go down a day early to stay on the beach before we leave on Sunday on the Conquest. I prefer to drive down the day of and park at EZCruise but I told her I would check into it. :)

I agree with your wife. Hotels are so cheap in Galveston .. might as well stay on the beach. I was happy with EconoLodge, and if you are a senior its only $36 every time Iv checked. I only stayed there once though. I stayed at Quality Inn and Suites Beachfront because I got it for $45 and its supposed to be a better hotel. It was nice and has a indoor pool.

The only place I didnt like was Howard Johnson's which is in the middle of nowhere, and the mosquitoes were crazy bad in sept. The good point is for $5 a person, discount parking across the street will shuttle you to the port. The downside is your wife wouldnt wake up seeing the ocean. Iv stayed a lot of places, and live probably close to you, Dallas area, and now go down the night before .. just because I like the ocean for a extra night.

firefly333, thanks for the info, BTW, we are just north of Austin on I-35.

So you take a cab to the pier from the Quality Inn or Econolodge? How hard is it getting a ride back when the fun is done? I've sailed out of Galveston twice and we drove down the same day both times...

We made a reservation at the Casa del Mar in Galveston for the night before our Ecstasy cruise. They offer free cruise parkiing and I got their Facebook rate of $79 per night. I have been told that Casa del Mar is a timeshare property but rooms are available nightly as well. The rooms are all 1 bedroom suites with kitchens and ocean views. My husband is from that area and says that this is a really nice property. They do not offer a free breakfast or shuttle service, but the person who took my reservation told me that taxis are available and would cost $10 to $15 one way. We're going to be driving in from California so being able to make our own meals will be good.

I have seen people mention Harbor House repeatedly - so I went there online to day, only to find that they require a two night stay! Is this correct in your experience, or maybe I am looking at the wrong booking engine....assistance would be appreciated. I have about 3 weeks before my next cruise.

Previously I have stayed near Hobby Hotel and just driven in on the morning of the cruise from Houston.

firefly333, thanks for the info, BTW, we are just north of Austin on I-35.

So you take a cab to the pier from the Quality Inn or Econolodge? How hard is it getting a ride back when the fun is done? I've sailed out of Galveston twice and we drove down the same day both times...

It was very easy to find a cab when I got off the cruise .. they are lined up waiting for ya.

I have seen people mention Harbor House repeatedly - so I went there online to day, only to find that they require a two night stay! Is this correct in your experience, or maybe I am looking at the wrong booking engine....assistance would be appreciated. I have about 3 weeks before my next cruise.

try hotels.com to get around the 2 day stay minimum .. Iv had good luck that way, and gotten the hotel for just one night.

try hotels.com to get around the 2 day stay minimum .. Iv had good luck that way, and gotten the hotel for just one night.

Thank you. I tried hotels.com, and discovered that the price (yes, I could get it for one night) plus the additional parking fee was more than I am willing to pay.

I think perhaps if I start earlier next time I'll get a better price. The world won't end if I don't get to see the ships come in on Sunday morning. I'll just suck it up and plan better next time! :)

Thank you. I tried hotels.com, and discovered that the price (yes, I could get it for one night) plus the additional parking fee was more than I am willing to pay.

I think perhaps if I start earlier next time I'll get a better price. The world won't end if I don't get to see the ships come in on Sunday morning. I'll just suck it up and plan better next time! :)

We booked 1-night at Harbor House 3 years ago but we had to call the hotel directly to get 1-night. Website wouldn't let us do it.

We booked for 2-night (Fri-Sat) stay at Harbor Hourse for our upcoming cruise in March. Like you said, price isn't the best and I don't think starting earlier would get you any better price for the HH. If you are comparing with EconoLodge and Holiday Inns, it will seem ridiculously priced. Location, location, location.....

Yes, I decided the luxury can wait until I get in my JS :)

I just reserved on the Seawall and for the money I saved, I can park at EZ Cruise. They are always johnny-on-the-spot to pick up passengers after the cruise and get them quickly back to their cars. Never had a bad deal with them.

Firefly: I requested highest floor, with view toward the cruise ships. Whether I'll get it or not, no idea, but at least I asked. Thanks for the heads-up.

Has anyone stayed at the Harbor House or the Comfort Suites (the one on on 89th)? I am trying to decide between the two. I can stay at the CS on a managers rate but I will be paying 45 for parking at the port or I can pay the military rate at the HH and pay $30 for parking. It comes out to a $13 difference. I am very picky where I sleep. And since I trust CC members for information I wanted to check with yall! I am not sure where 89th street but from google maps I can tell its not as close as the HH. I also wanted to know what is around as far as resturants and so forth. I will be getting into Galveston around 4pm so I figure it will be too late to do much else other then eat.

CS is not close to anything as it at the entrance to the island. HH is on the port, 2 restaurants right there and walking distance to others on Strand and Post Office Sts.

The island is laid out in a grid east to west (1st to 109th and beyond through west end), north to south ( Ave A - Harborside to Ave U - one block behind Seawall Blvd.)

HH is at 21st and Harborside. Ships dock at 25th to 28th streets and Harborside.

CS is not close to anything as it at the entrance to the island. HH is on the port, 2 restaurants right there and walking distance to others on Strand and Post Office Sts.

The island is laid out in a grid east to west (1st to 109th and beyond through west end), north to south ( Ave A - Harborside to Ave U - one block behind Seawall Blvd.)

HH is at 21st and Harborside. Ships dock at 25th to 28th streets and Harborside.

So HH it is! Once I get there I am not going to want to drive anymore then I have to! I hate driving to start with, and this is only a 4 hour drive but even that is more then I want to do...Thanks so much for answering. The last time I was there I stayed the Hampton Inn on the Seawall and all I got to see of Galveston was the Walmart across the street! Well that and some of the beach and the Spot. Not alot of interesting stuff at all.

Archived