Ever met a Celebrity on a cruise?

Randus62

Yea, but wasn't quite a thrill, Regis Pillman on the STAR going to the Mexican Riveria in '07:o

We were on the NCL Star in March of 2007. My brother got married on the cruise and 20 of us sailed on there. Regis was on the boat vacationing with his wife and maybe a brother/sister in law. We asked for his autograph and his wife was very rude and told us to leave them alone so our memory of him is not so good since then.. It was also strange because on his show he was supposedly having heart surgery- yet he was on the cruise at this time. The cruise was great though and the Cabo San Lucas port was unforgettable.

My most recent celebrity spotting was when the Osmond Brothers boarded our ship at a port half-way thru a Caribbean Cruise. I recognized one of them (Wayne?, Merrill?) at the luncheon buffet poolside getting food then sitting with spouses and other brothers. It took me a minute to figure out who then were. They performed together that night and disembarked at the next port the following day. Other "celebrities" with varying degrees of celebrity status are frequently on ships all week. They are almost ALWAYS there to perform or lecture, though. I've never sailed with a celebrity aboard purely for vacation purposes. I think they'd be more likely to charter a private vessel. When I was a teenager, sailing on the QE2 out of New York, I hooked up with a girl my age who was sailing with her grandmother, Virginia Graham who was on board to give an afternoon lecture one day at sea. Ms. Graham used to have a syndicated talk show "Girl Talk"....kind of a prequel to The View or Oprah.

This is really going to date me.....Mel Torme.

1958 Los Angeles to Honolulu...he was the "star entertainer", but as very approachable, even for an 18 year old like me. He taught me some ukelele chords and songs.

THE BARENAKED LADIES WE MET AT THE PIER IN MIAMI WE WERE GETTING ON AS THEY WERE GETTING OFF!

IF ANYONE ELSE WATCHES BIG BROTHER WE MET MATT NOT SURE OF HIS LAST NAME BUT HE WAS ONE OF THE SHOWMANCES WITH CRAZY NATALIE!! AND NO SHE WAS NOT WITH HIM!! BUT HE IS AS HOT AS HE WAS ON TV!:p

I find it very odd Regis was on the Star...isn't he a millionaire? You would think he would be on a Crystal cruise or a private one...very very odd..and the poster said he was supposedly getting heart surgery then? So he decided to lay low and go on a regular cruise where maybe no one would recognize him??? hmmmmm always something weird about that man I could never pinpoint it

The Mississippi Queen often had theme cruises. Among the celebrities we met on board were actress Marsha Hunt, who discussed her years in Hollywood. Pitcher Bob Feller who discussed his major league career and on a World War II theme cruise, the B-29 pilot who dropped the atom bomb on Nagasaki. We also had actress Jennifer O'Neill on one of our NCL cruises.

In the 80's my husband and I sailed on the QE2 from New York to Southhampton. We ate lunch one day with Jean Stapleton (Edith on Archie Bunker). She invited us to a very nice cocktail party in her suite.

What a nice person.

Geraldo Rivera was on the RCI Monarch at San Pedro. He was very friendly out in the waiting area, everyone that didn't have a digital camera had cell phone cameras. He was there for a wedding that took place in port, so after the wedding he left, did not sail with us.

The Captain & Tenille were on our RCCL cruise a few years back. Both were very gracious and friendly to everyone. And yes, he does talk! :)

They performed on RCCL for a while. We saw them all the way back on the Sovereign of the Seas. I thought it was going to be boring, but they were actually a lot of fun.

Don't know if this counts, but two years ago, we were on the "Ships & Dips Cruise" sponsored by Sixthman, and the groups on the ship were:

Barenaked Ladies, Great Big Sea, Sarah McLaughlin and our favourite (new to us) group - - Gaelic Storm. Was a very enjoyable time, not to mention that "Year of the Floater, Barenaked picture... some 800 people or so".:eek: Once in a lifetime experience. Had to be there!

Archived