DCL over Thanksgiving 2011 ?

jennib5426

Anyone done the Magic, 7 day cruise over Thanksgiving?

Looks like the most expensive week to cruise with DCL..LOL

We want to do it this year and would love to get feedback on it.

I have crused about 10 times on all the usual lines but never DCL.

It will be Me, husband and 8 year old step son (who has never been on a cruise).

Holiday times are always premium price.

If you could go the week before or the week after you will probably save big bucks. Right after Thanksgiving they decorate the ship which is awesome to see.

If thats the only week you can go, then it will be premium price. To take part of the sting out of it, check out a few TA's for on board credits. That helps a lot.

For me it is worth the $$. I have found other lines often dont have enough to keep me busy. I dont gamble or drink which is most of what goes on for many ships. Also dont like the Vegas style shows.

Disney has awesome performers and good shows. of course musicals are Disney themed but they also have Magicians, ventriloquists, jugglers, comedians who do family and adult shows and tons of activities all day long you can do. So I feel I get my moneys worth.

You can go to DCLs website and send for the free DVD to give you more info on the cruiseline. Plus there is a tips thread at the top of this forum page that will help you a lot to learn about DCL from those who have cruised on her.

Good luck with your decision,

Kathy

As PP said, you will pay a pretty premium to sail over Thanksgiving week! Orlando, FL public and some private schools have the whole week off so there will be plenty of kids onboard. It was way too cold to swim at CC (at least for me!) but we were there on Friday, the day after Thanksgiving so it was decorated for Christmas which was cute, of course. There was a special (take home) menu for Thanksgiving dinner and the characters were wearing their "pilgrim-like" apparel. The ship had a lot of decorations, now that I think of it, and there was a human sized gingerbread house constructed over the course of the week.

Archived