What Cruise to take next?

midnightneedles

My husband and I went on our first cruise dec 2010 right after xmas over new years. This is the only time that works for us because he gets additional paid vacation. Our first cruise was on the Carnival Triumph to Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel. Our cruise was good, except our boat was unable to dock in Roatan and we had another day at sea.

My husband was soooo disappointed with the way the Carnival handled skipping Roatan. We know it was for safety reasons, but we figured they could have had something fun to do on the boat. It was puzzles and games all day

Other than this, we enjoyed our cruise and would love to go on another. But we are undecided about what cruiseline or destinations to do next time. Like I said, we go during the most expensive time, Dec 18th is the earliest we could go. We would have to go for at least a 7 day because we are from Iowa and would have to fly (Expensively) to a port.

I am 23 my husband is 25 so we are looking for a cruise ship that has a lot to do on it, unlike the Triumph

hope you can give us some suggestions

I heard they skipped Roatan, which is a lovely port. Carnival is pretty much the same as far as activities ... and its one of the more active people say.

If you like outdoor stuff, RCL is the best, bigger pools, more outdoor stuff in general than Carnival. I would try RCL as it might be a better fit. Carnival is a bit cheaper which appeals to most of us who have been to all the ports and now its just about relaxing on the ship.

I have Oasis this year :) ...cant wait. they even have a zip line on the ship for those so inclined. There is a free skate time on the ice rink, and a dive show, plus the ice skating show which is always awesome. If you prefer larger pools and hottubs, RCL might be a fit... I would try NCL too, Epic has good reviews.

Since you were on the Carnival Triumph, you are sailing out of Galveston. By next fall I believe, RCCL will have Mariner of the Seas sailing from Galveston. It is a Voyager Class ship and is replacing Voyager of the Seas that is moving to New Orleans. This might be something to consider.

I have nothing really about which cruise line, as we sailed on Carnival last year, and we are sailing Carnival over New Years this year. But we just chose a route with more ports for stuff to do instead of more on the ship. We like to relax and read and just hang out on the sea days, so I guess I don't look at the activities as much.

Anything is better than Iowa weather during that time of year. My husband gets additional time off over the holidays as well, so next year will be great for us! I always look forward to getting a break from Iowa winters =)

we were contemplating doing norwegian but we are open to doing another carnival or another ship. Princess seemed a bit too pricey for us, especially over the holidays. Whats the cheapest you have booked over the holidays

we spent around 1k a person this time. I have seen norwegian offering 700/person if you book now for departure dec 18th

When I was pricing our New Years Eve cruise, I found that carnival is definitely the cheapest. I haven't really looked since then. The 12/28 miracle sailing just dropped in price yesterday as well. But that is the only one I am watching since we are already booked.

Archived