Best beaches near Cannes

Netta7

Can anyone tell me where a nice beach that would work for a ship stopping/tendering in Cannes? We are willing to take a train or other transport to get to a good beach. We have been to Monte Carlo and Nice before and thought this would be a good day on the itinerary to head to the beach.

Another more delicate question - I am traveling with teenage American boys not used to European beaches. I am assuming there will be a fair bit of topless sunbathing, but thought I would ask if this is what recent beach goers have experienced.

Thanks. We are so looking forward to summer already.

You are in luck. We think one of the best beaches is located a short walk from the Cannes tender pier. Just walk through the parking lot (right outside the tender pier area) towards your left (keeping the water on your left) and you will see a beach in a minute. That particular beach happens to have real sand (not pebbles and rocks like most Riviera beaches) and its also free! Since its adjacent to the old port area (Vieux Port) of Cannes, there are plenty of cafes within a couple of minute walk.

Hank

Archived