One way ticket/award ticket

alonzo14

I need an opinion on a flight my husband and I will be booking on AA on Dec. 3 201 and returning on Dec. 12 from DFW/Miami. I have done some research to see what would be cheaper or best to do regrding this flight. We do not have enogh FF miles to buy a round trip ticket for both of us. If we buy miles it will cost 525.00 plus any service fees for buying the miles for a round trip ticket for both of us. Righrt now they only have the Dec. 3 flight so I'm not certain what the MIA to DFW return will be but the one way fare is showing 234.00 + taxes. I also compared the cost of possibly getting a one way flight for each of us and then purchasing a regular return ticket which would be appoximately 480. including taxes. Should I save our FF miles and just purchase round trip although it will be more? Or just buy the miles as it will probably be a little more but not by much or just buy a award one way for each of us and purchasing a one way returnfor both of us.

I hope this isn't confusing. Any advice will help. Thanks!

I would purchase a round trip ticket. This is not a good use of FF miles, IMO. Keep checking prices as the dates open up. If you can go to a different airline alliance, look at CO. I think you should be able to get a RT ticket at that time of year for ~$300 pp.

Righrt now they only have the Dec. 3 flight so I'm not certain what the MIA to DFW return will be but the one way fare is showing 234.00 + taxes........

Until AA has the price (in $ and in miles) available for the Dec 12 return flight, you are playing a guessing game and there is no way to know for sure what the most economical option is.

One note though-- you kept referring to using FF miles to fly out, then $ to return since you don't have enough miles for both of you to get round trip award ticket. But do you have enough for one of you to book a round trip with miles and the other book a round trip with $? Again, until you know the prices of the 12/12 flights, you're guessing, but it's another option to consider when the time comes.

Archived