Would You Trade Johnny Rockets For...

roe2ship

Coffee I had at Cova Cafe were all espresso based drinks, and Cova Cafe was in operation well before RCI entered into their exclusive agreement with Seattle's Best. If they used Seattle's Best beans to make their drinks, then RCI should borrow someone from X to show them how to make their espresso based drinks as there definitely was a difference in taste (maybe it was the water). This is not to say that I loved the dining room coffee at X - it was just as bad as RCI.

OOOOOHHHHHHH! I love Dunkin Donuts coffee....that would be fabulous evey morning on the balcony and a latte every evening while I stroll the ship:rolleyes:

However.....trading Johnny Rockets might not work since my teens love it...so as any good Mommy would do, I will sacrifice for my children...

Why can't we have both?

Starbucks would work too !

I have thought about this WAY to much. I've come to the conclusion that I'd trade JR for a nice quiet room with bottled water.

Yeah, it's a joke, but a bit serious as well. I'd much rather have JR, Chops, Portofino, Ben and Jerry go away and the cruise line serve better food... the more of this becoms common the lower dining room food will get.

I STILL love those Krispy Kremes though!!!!

Would You Trade Johnny Rockets For...

A DUNKIN DONUTS ON ALL THE SHIPS.........WITH THE FEE?

Yes I love REAL coffee.

Well.... Even though I've never been to a Dunkin Donuts.... If I had to choose between the two -- and if I couldn't vote GET RID OF ALL THE D#!* CHAINS -- I would trade for a Dunkin Donuts. (I'm a daily black coffee drinker.)

Rather than get on my non-local chains-are-bad soapbox, I'll just say that Johnny Rockets in my town are NOT good....

So much so that I would NOT EVER eat at any more Johnny Rockets unless I didn't need to pay -- and if there were no other places to try a burger if I had the craving.

(In my town [http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com] of 6 Johnny Rockets listed in the SF Bay Area, the highest rated JR is # 26 out of 429 -- bested out by an In-N-Out -AND- a McDonalds. [http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/yellowpages/results/San_Francisco_CA/hamburgers/page1.html?flavor_id=2&order=cw1&cw1=46&orig_context=generic].... Admittedly the Citysearch criteria is subject to criticism, but the other 5 JRs came in at #s 52, 104, 108, and 234. Pretty bad. I ate at a couple of JRs in town that were not memorable, and neither were good enough for me to return to. Nor to try elsewhere in the area: Life's too short to attempt more hit-and-miss eating at Johnny Rockets for me!)

White Castle!!! :eek: - goes great with your Boone's Farm and Git-R-Done hats.

Why not something delicious like Culver's....mmmmm ButterBurgers, thick rich shakes. This stuff drives cheeseheads crazy, I had several upper midwest friends that talked about Culvers with a longing tone, I now know why. I had my first this summer they are great.

www.culvers.com

I heartily second a vote for any good pizza place!

O.K. That's it! I want a Wal-mart on board.

All the talk about White Castle hamburgers reminds me of when my in-laws came to visit and brought a big box of them on the plane. They said the whole plane smelled like White Castles.

I would suggest a change of Johnny Rockets for another public restroom. The place is nothing like the real thing. Burgers are no better than the buffet grill. I bet anything they are phased out within the next couple of years. The doughnut idea is a great one!

If my fellow Rhode Islanders were in charge, or bigger cruisers, there probably would be a DD on each deck. There are more DD in my neighborhood than McDonalds, Burger Kings, Wendys, Krispy Kremes, and Taco Bells...:eek: Without any exageration there are 7 seperate DD Shops within 1 mile of my house:confused: and ALOT more not much further away, this does not include the Tim Hortons, Honey Dews, and no name coffee shops. Oh and BTW I could not tell you the location of a single Starbucks anywhere in the city:D

I work with a legaly blind man who takes the Bus from Providenced To Warwick every day; He has a large DD Coffee at the shop just down the street from him, drinks it on the bus from his house to downtown. Gets a second large DD coffee at the bus transfer point in downtown. He then gets a third at the stop in Warwick and drinks it as he walks most of the rest of the way. He then gets a fourth large DD coffee at the shop just down the street from work to hold him over to lunch when he gets his fifth large. After work it is 3 more for the trip home:eek: Now here is the scary part, I am one of the few people at work who think he is nuts:p

Within the last year RCI signed to add five more JR's within the next three years. Three are for the Freedom class.

I looked everywhere for a vomit smiley, but alas I'll have to settle for this one: :(.

It's funny looking at everybody's regional favorites. Where I'm at, we don't have a Dunkin Donuts, (we have Krispy Kreme.) I have never even heard of In N Out or Panera Bread! LOL. The only other things we have around here that anybody mentioned is Zaxby's and of course a Waffle House on every corner. Oh yeah, we did get our first Starbucks about a year ago....

I'd give anything to try White Castle!

It's funny looking at everybody's regional favorites. Where I'm at, we don't have a Dunkin Donuts, (we have Krispy Kreme.) I have never even heard of In N Out or Panera Bread! LOL. The only other things we have around here that anybody mentioned is Zaxby's and of course a Waffle House on every corner. Oh yeah, we did get our first Starbucks about a year ago....

I'd give anything to try White Castle!

Panera Bread, IMHO, ain't all that or a bag of chips, around here, it's popular with the "I'm so much better than <McDonalds, Red Robin, Lone Star, insert other restaurant name here> crowd". The only really good thing about it, they have WI-FI in their establishments. Similar to Atlanta Bread Company down South. As to White Castle, think Krystals. Again, not enough difference to cross the street for.

Wraithe

I've never thought of Panera Bread as an elitist alternate to Micky D's and the rest. It's a very different thing from them and may not even be all that much healthier. Some of the salads and sandwiches are very caloric. That said, it certainly is a lot nicer than the average McDonald's and the staff tend to be more service oriented.

Yes. Johnny Rockets is a "cover charge" which you pay to get in and then can eat whatever you like. They charge for sodas and shakes separately. They do limit how much you can take away.

Ben and Jerry's is approx the same price as on land.

White Castle...YUCK. They used to try and feed us this when we went to visit relatives in Missouri when we were younger. I wouldn't eat it then and I certainly won't eat it now! I think it would be terribly trashy to have a WC onboard a beautiful cruise ship!

I'd much rather have JR, Chops, Portofino, Ben and Jerry go away and the cruise line serve better food... the more of this becomes common the lower dining room food will get.

Yep, that sums it up for me.

Archived