Priceline, car rentals near FLL air & cruise ports

mirkymirk

Hello

My wife and I are travelling to Ft Lauderdale in mid February to board a 7 night caribbean cruise out of Port Everglades. We have booked a hotel through priceline for our stay before our cruise (Priceline!) and are looking into car rentals. We fly into FLL.

Which car rental agencies are available at the airport that also may have a drop off near the cruise port, and be available for bidding on Priceline?

Any ideas what I should expect to pay per day?

Also, after the cruise, we will be looking for one night accom near the airport and cruiseport (likely just taxi from one to the other). What are some suggestions that are 3* & above?

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

Budget in Ft Lauderdale has a location by the port, Quay Center, location F07, phone 954-761-7231. I was able to book (and get a discount) through rental car momma com pick up at airport and return at the quay location. they did not require credit card to book. the lady at the Quay Budget office said they will take me to the port.

I don't know about priceline, but I got an economy car for 2 days for $51.09 which includes taxes.

have a great cruise!

Thanks for that website. You got a deal. I can't get anything less than about $125 for 3 days (mid week, February).

Who had a car for $125 for 3 days? i would kill for that deal!! I have been trying to get a rental in April for 5 days and the cheapest i found was $305.

ML

Try http://www.dollar.com. Use the promotional code:KISSE. This should give you a cheaper rate.

Thanks for the tip--tried it, and it cost $441 :-o!!! i think the problem may be we are picking it up in Orlando and dropping it at FLL. Plus, it isn't over a Saturday night, and it is the week (4/10-15) before Easter! Only 4.5 days and i was hoping to do better. i may have to book it at $300 and hope to do better, then cancel.

Thanks again for the help--if you hear of any other codes/coupons, please post!!

ML

I have secured two car rentals through different companies (and will obviously cancel one of them). Try Kayak.com too. It's very good for getting a sense of $$.

At the moment, Priceline has cars for about $14/ day in Fort Lauderdale so I am hoping that closer to our cruise, the price will drop from it's current price point - about $69/ day.

Archived