Is there an adult only area on the Oceana?

Jo and Rob

I'm just wondering (for when the children are in club) if there are any adult only areas inside or out on the Oceana? With Princess and Royal Caribbean they have an adult only pool and the Allure of the Seas had a lovely indoor adult area called the Sanctuary at the front of the ship with seating etc.

thanks

I'm just wondering (for when the children are in club) if there are any adult only areas inside or out on the Oceana? With Princess and Royal Caribbean they have an adult only pool and the Allure of the Seas had a lovely indoor adult area called the Sanctuary at the front of the ship with seating etc.

thanks

On Oceana, at the stern is a circular pool about 4-6 deep and limited to over 16s. There are two jaccuzzi there and it is set like in an amphitheatre. It is part covered too which makes it ideal in strong sunlight and cool weather. It has direct access to male and female changing rooms and sauna/steam rooms.

We have seen the Riviera pool divided to provide lane swimming and the children are supposed to use the Crystal pool; this did not work.

We think the Yacht and Compass may be adult only.

It is our favourite ship but we really don't know the adult-only status as on one cruise you could not believe there were 330 children on board. The entertainment staff were excellent and policed them well.

Thank you Pontius Navigator I like the sound that it is partially covered and it sounds lovely. Our cruise is advertised as family friendly so I imagine there will be several children our two to meet and make friends, but I am also glad to hear that P&O "policed them well".

On Oriana Aurora etc they do have one pool set aside for Adults only Maybe this is what you heard? But I dont recall that on Oceana. BUT the kids area are busy with activities so they really dont move out of that zone much . I hear of parents having to go and drag them out of the kids zone...

On Oriana Aurora etc they do have one pool set aside for Adults only Maybe this is what you heard? But I dont recall that on Oceana. BUT the kids area are busy with activities so they really dont move out of that zone much . I hear of parents having to go and drag them out of the kids zone...

Yes, I have heard the same too! Our children love making new friends on holiday so I they will probably head for the kids zone some of the time (hence my desire to chill and recharge the batteries!)

What is the Yacht and Compass please? (I'm imagining a bar?)

What is the Yacht and Compass please? (I'm imagining a bar?)

It is a bar designed to look like a typical UK Yacht Club bar, it also has a small dance floor and often has a small group providing music for dancing.

Very comfortable too.

As a 'child free' couple (who both work in schools) we were on Oceana in the middle of the school holidays in August. We found loads of quiet areas and though not completely child free I have to admit that the children were fabulous - a credit to themselves and their families. ALL we saw were so well mannered and well behaved.

There is a small adults only pool at the back. We did use it once when there were 2 young teenage girls in there with her mother, but as soon as a few more adults went in to the pool their mother told them that they needed to get out to let the adults use it.

We wouldn't hesitate using Oceana again

:)

It is a bar designed to look like a typical UK Yacht Club bar, it also has a small dance floor and often has a small group providing music for dancing.

Very comfortable too.

photo here: From my Oceana album, yes a nice bar with bands in the evening:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/OceanaAugust2009FjordsCruise?authkey=Gv1sRgCPSenbjJ_a7hXQ#slideshow/5378441895844472898

Thanks for photo link LibraLass. We've just enjoyed looking through them twice. Some really nice shots. Oceana looks much nicer than I imagined.

I like the kid's bike shot. :)

HI, we are looking forward to going on the Oceana again in April, she was our first cruise and always remember your first with affection...

Great photos Libralass, remember the ship with more clarity now, and I must say you got some good photos of the Fjords, more memories, different ship.

Can't remember any adults only areas, but the kids on board were either better behaved or catered for more....

HI, we are looking forward to going on the Oceana again in April, she was our first cruise and always remember your first with affection...

Great photos Libralass, remember the ship with more clarity now, and I must say you got some good photos of the Fjords, more memories, different ship.

Can't remember any adults only areas, but the kids on board were either better behaved or catered for more....

Hello Cuppodelmondo, come and join our roll call for the 9th April cruise on the Oceana!

Archived