NCL Epic Studio rooms

DavyB

I just returned from the Epic last week and was in a Studio and loved it for myself. Perfect for one. My cabin was 11562 and was in a perfect location, but I would probably avoid staying in one of the studios next to the entrance door to the studios, as you might hear people coming and going and the door slamming to the entrance of the studios. The best place to hang out at night in my opinion was Bliss - that seemed to be the gathering spot and had the best dance music every night. I loved it.

Steve - I agree.

I think the one of the best things about the solo gatherings each night was Natalie. Unfortunately, she will be moving on to the Jewel at the beginning of next year. :(

Steve - I agree.

I think the one of the best things about the solo gatherings each night was Natalie. Unfortunately, she will be moving on to the Jewel at the beginning of next year. :(

Oh no! The Norwegian Jewel was my favorite NCL ship until they brought Nickelodeon onboard. You don't see it with the EPIC but you definitely can't get away from it on the Norwegian Jewel. She's such an awesome girl and totally made the singles gatherings a ton of fun!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Jason from Texas here. I just booked a studio room for the 09/02/2012 cruise from Barcelona. It was such a good price, just couldn't turn it down. It's my first solo cruise, so nervous about that too. I like the idea of having a "window" so that I don't feel like being in a shoebox. Rooms look comfortable, and besides, there are ports everyday. Plus tons of places around the ship. Anyone else booked on this cruise?

• 11 months later...
I was on the Epic back in October. The "single studios" afre great. Perfect for a solo traveller. The solo gatherings every eveinig in the The Living Room were great. 2 for 1 drinks for an hour with snacks. I would book another cruise in a heartbeat and i will go again. The only disappointment for me was the fact that there isn't a whole lot to do in the evenings or at night other than Le Bistro or Spice H20. Other cruise ships have several bars and lounges to choose from. The Epic is limited. But I would still go again.

Really? Limited? We dined at several premium restaurants on our trip...had martinis in the bar by the steak houses, the Ice Bar, the martini lounge, Maltings, went to the Comedy Club twice, Cirque and dinner, Blue Man Group, the cigar lounge......

But not all in one night....

:D

I've booked a studio on the Epic for the April 16th sailing. I think it's a great idea as I don't spend too much time in my room and I love the fact that I will have access to the "living room." Has anyone booked these? What are your opinions?

Don't know but I am booked 23rd March '12 in a solo cabin so will let you know !

I sailed solo on Epic in a Studio cabin last March 17th.

I loved it and took advantage of the Living Room, coffee in the morning and drinks before dinner, the bartender was great.

The Assistant Cruise Director, Luz, was frequently there for happy hour and arranged two group dinners during the weeklong cruise. She was great. There was a white board for announcements and opportunities for meet-ups.

I didn't think the rooms were all that small, but I have a lot of friends in New York who live in studio apartments.

I was in 11501, the most forward of the Studio area and was never disturbed by noise from other passengers. Some friends I made on the cruise had some spring break college students near them that partied late into the night, so it's probably random chance about who your neighbors are.

I've seen the deck plan for Breakaway, there will be a lot more Studios on that one, even though it's a slightly smaller ship. The plan makes the Studio area look like something of a rabbit warren. I may still try it out though, the pier is only a few blocks away and it would be so convenient.

I loved it and took advantage of the Living Room, coffee in the morning and drinks before dinner, the bartender was great.

The Assistant Cruise Director, Luz, was frequently there for happy hour and arranged two group dinners during the weeklong cruise. She was great. There was a white board for announcements and opportunities for meet-ups.

I didn't think the rooms were all that small, but I have a lot of friends in New York who live in studio apartments.

I was in 11501, the most forward of the Studio area and was never disturbed by noise from other passengers. Some friends I made on the cruise had some spring break college students near them that partied late into the night, so it's probably random chance about who your neighbors are.

I've seen the deck plan for Breakaway, there will be a lot more Studios on that one, even though it's a slightly smaller ship. The plan makes the Studio area look like something of a rabbit warren. I may still try it out though, the pier is only a few blocks away and it would be so convenient.

Actually Hells, there are about half as many studios on the breakaway due to less room in the middle of the ship. Probably why they are already infinitely more expensive. (1999 for one of the midsummer Bermuda trips)

Actually Hells, there are about half as many studios on the breakaway due to less room in the middle of the ship.

You are absolutely right, I read another article after I posted and realized I was wrong, but I haven't been able to figure out how to edit an existing post here.

I think I was misled by the deck layout. Epic only has two rows of Studios running along a center hall between the two rows of inside cabins. Breakaway has four rows with two halls and no inside cabins.

It would still be tempting if I couldn't find a friend to go with. I really liked my cabin last year.

I was in 11501, the most forward of the Studio area and was never disturbed by noise from other passengers.

I'll be right across the hall in 11500 in 2 weeks. How pleased were you with this location in general? I was originally booked in 12542 and have been nervous that maybe the switch wasn't such a good idea.

I really enjoyed my Studio location. I believe there is no passenger access forward of your studio so there will be no noise from other passengers to bother you. I remember that I had to keep reminding myself to walk aft for every access to the "Living Room'" or to the gangways to the rest of the ship. It all depends on the nature of you neighbors I guess.

Archived