Transportation to Kennedy Space Center from Port Canaveral

rikkikika

Don't know where you are staying but some of the hotels (raddison at least) seem to offer a free shuttle to Cape Canaveral. You might want to check.

Thank you for the info!

However, we're only in port for the day - arrive at 12NOON and depart at 10PM.

Just wondering if you or anyone else on the board has used the free hotel shuttles as a non-guest??

Rental car is easy and the cheapest. No hotel will take you to KSC!

From PC which rental place?

Which is closer? I know most are off site and a shuttle bus is required.

From the PC website:

Auto Rentals

Avis Rent a Car 321-783-3643

Budget Rent a Car 321-784-0634

Enterprise Rent-a-Car 321-866-0324

Hertz Rent a Car 321-783-7771

Thrifty/Dollar 321-783-2600

yep those are your choices and all are within 10 minutes of the terminal.

From nearest to farthest

Hertz - you can see it from the ship

Budget - was closest until Hertz moved

AVIS, Thrifty/Dollar - T&D share an office, AVIS is across the street

Enterprise

all run shuttles and are right on A1A. It is easy to get to KSC and being here 'til 10 pm, the car allows eating options, time for a RonJon visit, or a walk on Canaveral Pier . . . If your from around Newark or the northern shore areas of Jersey you'll wonder why there's nothing on the roads around here. No traffic to speak of as compared to what you're used to!

REMEMBER - write your Congressperson for free tickets to KSC . . .

From PC which rental place?

Which is closer? I know most are off site and a shuttle bus is required.

From the PC website:

Auto Rentals

Avis Rent a Car 321-783-3643

Budget Rent a Car 321-784-0634

Enterprise Rent-a-Car 321-866-0324

Hertz Rent a Car 321-783-7771

Thrifty/Dollar 321-783-2600

Go with the best rate they are all two minutes apart.

yep those are your choices and all are within 10 minutes of the terminal.

From nearest to farthest

Hertz - you can see it from the ship

Budget - was closest until Hertz moved

AVIS, Thrifty/Dollar - T&D share an office, AVIS is across the street

Enterprise

all run shuttles and are right on A1A. It is easy to get to KSC and being here 'til 10 pm, the car allows eating options, time for a RonJon visit, or a walk on Canaveral Pier . . . If your from around Newark or the northern shore areas of Jersey you'll wonder why there's nothing on the roads around here. No traffic to speak of as compared to what you're used to!

REMEMBER - write your Congressperson for free tickets to KSC . . .

Capt_BJ, yes I'm a North Jersey gal about 45 min North of Newark and 45 minutes to NYC - so yes I know all about traffic -I enjoy my visits to "rural" Florida!-LOL:D

I just finished writing an email to Senator Lautenberg and hopefully someone from his office will get back to me in regards to KSC passes. (Great Tip - never knew that!)

Have you been able to get these passes yourself at one point in time?

Thank you so much for all the suggestions!

rikkikika

I live here now and Veterans and locals get a couple of freebie weekends each year, but the congress approach has been written up often and will work IF your congress person knows how to do it. It is a perk many of them are not even aware of!

I had family in Newark and Union .... now in Brick and Manasquan

Rental car is easy and the cheapest. No hotel will take you to KSC!

From the Radison Hotel Website:As a courtesy, we also provide transportation within our local area and to the Kennedy Space Center on selected days and times.

From the Radison Hotel Website:As a courtesy, we also provide transportation within our local area and to the Kennedy Space Center on selected days and times.

I forgot about that one. They have their own shuttles and do give rides. Sorry about that.

I second the thought about daily rental of car. If money is no object then hiring a driver for day is a great option! (my family did this when I was a teen to see washington, DC) It will allow you more time to enjoy the port.

But they are used to daily car rentals in Port Canaveral.

I just finished writing an email to Senator Lautenberg and hopefully someone from his office will get back to me in regards to KSC passes. (Great Tip - never knew that!)

Have you been able to get these passes yourself at one point in time?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1335017 :

All,

Just a heads up . . .

Recently requested passes from New Jersey, Senator Frank R. Lautenberg's office and received the following response:

Quote:

NASA has reached its monthly allocations for January - March 2011. Tickets may be purchased online at http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/ksc-tours.aspxor at the Visitor Center directly. Have a great day

Emily Winchatz

Staff Assistant

Office of Senator Frank R. Lautenberg

ask early!

• 1 month later...
Capt BJ - my Senator didn't know how to obtain tickets and has asked me how it's done. Do you know who he should contact at NASA? Thanks!

I called the Towson office of John Sarbanes. (I'm a Maryland resident in the 3rd Congressional District.) They connected me with the staff assistant at the Rayburn House Office Building in DC who does scheduling. My initial request went in on Dec. 1st. Confirmation of our tickets for the end of April arrived about a week ago.

Phone numbers are at this website: http://sarbanes.house.gov/free_details.asp?id=45

I called the Towson office of John Sarbanes. (I'm a Maryland resident in the 3rd Congressional District.) They connected me with the staff assistant at the Rayburn House Office Building in DC who does scheduling. My initial request went in on Dec. 1st. Confirmation of our tickets for the end of April arrived about a week ago.

Phone numbers are at this website: http://sarbanes.house.gov/free_details.asp?id=45

Thanks! After I posted, the assistant to Senator Cardin obtained the contact info of the person at NASA who distributes the tickets. I hope there are some tickets still available for our June cruise!

• 11 months later...
Thanks! After I posted, the assistant to Senator Cardin obtained the contact info of the person at NASA who distributes the tickets. I hope there are some tickets still available for our June cruise!

2Cruise4Ever,

I'm curious. Did you get your free tickets?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived