Carnival Tea Time

RSF Cruiser

Tea on the Freedom was fantastic this week- better than when we were on the Spirit, because it was done in the fancy dining room, and not just a lounge.

Definetly a choice of tea, with a hot pot of water to pour yourself, and sweet and savory snacks. The sweets were the best we had on the ship (better than any dinner dessert for sure!) I actually didn't go to the 2nd tea time because I was so full from eating all cruise and I knew I'd want tons of scones with cream!

(The only complaint I heard was the cups were too big, not dainty tea cups- but our group had actually just been commenting on how we loved the big cup- it was big enough for the serving of tea the bag produces!)

Carnival ships I've been on was more traditional than the Sapphire Princess - which seems strange since Princess is a British line and the captain is British.

I was on the Caribbean Princess a while back and, while I loved the cruise and the shiip, I must admit I was disappointed with the "Tea Time".

Just to let you know, Princess is not a British Cruise line but rather a part of Carnival. Back in the 70's or 80's when I sailed on the "original" Sun Princess (from the Love Boat Movie, not the TV show) the line was owned by P&O Shipping. That was a British Line.

Let me tell you, when it was tea time you knew it! No matter where on the ship you were, there were waiters with white gloves and tea was served in china cups from Silver Tea Servers!

The British know how to do it right! You don't muck around with a Brit and their tea.

Anyway, I agree that this is definitely one of the areas that Princess could improve upon.

Enjoy your cruise and I now look forward to experiencing Carnival's version of Tea Time.

BTW: I went with my DW at least twice on our last cruise and met many very nice men at the gathering.

We were on the Carnival Legend last spring and I didn't even know they had a tea time. We are leaving on the dream in a month or so and I really want to go to tea time. is it listed on the schedule of daily events or posted somewhere else? Do they tell you where it is? Sorry to sound so stupid, but I don't know how I missed it last year and I want to be sure I don't miss it this time! Thanks.

On my first cruise, we didn't do it because we didn't know about tea time, on our second cruise I was determined to do all the things we didn't get a chance to do. We had four little girls ages 8 to 12 and they were thrilled because it was a real tea party. They still talk about the fancy tea party and how the waiters keep on tending to them.:D

There are three retired military guys I know that are greatly anticipating tea time on the Legend sailing of January 16. We want to show our wives what well rounded gentlemen we are! (Seriously we have been told it is a great time.)

:D

I'm looking forward to checking out Tea Time. Kind of a silly question, but do men show up as well? I'm trying to convince my husband to go but he's concerned that he might be the only guy there.

My hubby went with me. There were other men there as well, albeit a bit older but he seemed to actually enjoy himself.:rolleyes:

Last year on Freedom we had tea with bags and hot water in a cup. This past Dec on Liberty they didn't have tea at all and I missed it.

We were on the Liberty in December, and they had tea:confused:

Sounds like a lovely way to pass some time in the afternoon. :) I will have to try and find it. On the Liberty, where is it held?

When we went on the Liberty, it was held on the upper level of the aft dining room (sorry the name escapes me at the moment).:o

[quote name='teacher34']We were on the Carnival Legend last spring and I didn't even know they had a tea time. We are leaving on the dream in a month or so and I really want to go to tea time. is it listed on the schedule of daily events or posted somewhere else? Do they tell you where it is? Sorry to sound so stupid, but I don't know how I missed it last year and I want to be sure I don't miss it this time! Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Tea Time is usually only on sea days for Carnival, and they announce it in the Capers. Have fun!

Archived