Have you booked during WAVE season?

hulamoon

Is it officially wave season yet?

We booked a Collectors Voyage on Nieuw Amsterdam. We have enjoyed a number of cruises on Eurodam and I'm excited to have a booking on her sister ship.

Sail,

Is that East and West Caribbean? Are those your favorite two Caribbean itineraries ? I loved the Eurodam too, so thought NA was a good idea.

My TA said it was WAVe season and I saw a CC article about it, but I am not sure the sales look better or worse than normal sales.

I ask because we never seem to get cruise sales and air sales at the same time.

I didn't know what wave season was so I looked it up. There is an article on cruise critic: How to Make the Most of Wave Season Deals. Anyway, I guess we scored a pretty good deal on our cruise to Bermuda because of the 3rd and 4th passenger free fares. Supposedly HAL 's verandah and view sale that also includes the 3rd/4th passenger discounted fares run through February 28.

Diane

Sail,

Is that East and West Caribbean? Are those your favorite two Caribbean itineraries ? I loved the Eurodam too, so thought NA was a good idea.

My TA said it was WAVe season and I saw a CC article about it, but I am not sure the sales look better or worse than normal sales.

I ask because we never seem to get cruise sales and air sales at the same time.

Yes, we booked Eastern/Western Caribbean.

My favorite islands are mostly the Southern A,B,C's. (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao). We were in those islands in may and are returning on Noordam in the spring. San Juan is another favorite Caribbean port of ours.

Sail, does Collectors mean a double up on two cruises? Or is there more to it than that?

Thanks for sharing your Caribbean favorites, we haven't been yet but plan on it or a PC soon. Or... well I give myself options if a WAVE carries me out to sea.

Everyone,

Please feel free to share what you are doing, or a deal that caught your eye my eyesight and brain are short circuited from all the looking.;)

Yes, Sharie,

A Collectors is back-to-back but they do give a better price if you book it that way.

Having been to the Caribbean so much for so many years, the ship is mostly our destination. We go for the time aboard, the sun and warmth during cold New England Winters and the relaxation for my far too hard working DH. We make sure we like one or two ports and that's enough for us. Often, for days, we don't leave the ship for more than a brief walk around.

That is so nice you take care of him with vacations. :D

I think the ship has to be at least 60% of it for us, even though we try to book for ports. (But if that is try, why am I trying so hard to get the right itinerary!)

On the other hand, wish I could just board at the harbor here, I would probably circle the islands over and over.

With your beautiful islands, circling them sounds heavenly. We visited once but are not likely to take that long flight again. We certainly enjoyed ourselves and appreciate the beauty where you live.

Aloha...... :)

Archived