Whats Happened Princess

AussieTJ

:( No Sail Away Parties !!!! Just got back from a 12 night Christmas/New Year Cruise on the Diamond Princess, AUS/NZ (have sailed before on her) and was VERY disappointed... We left beautiful Sydney Harbor and we were waiting for the band to start playing and begin our sail away party but to our disappointment there was no music no bands they instead put on the MUTS and showed a movie... this happened at every port when we sailed away. :(:(:( Sail Away Parties are the best come on Princess bring them BACK !!!

Ssssshhhhhhhhhh mustn't disturb MUTS...

I wish they would only have Muts at night...during the day, sitting by the pool, I prefer to either hear the band playing, especially for sailaway, or just listen to the waves swishing by.

Hey, Princess, Muts is too noisy during the day!!!!

I wish they would only have Muts at night...during the day, sitting by the pool, I prefer to either hear the band playing, especially for sailaway, or just listen to the waves swishing by.

Hey, Princess, Muts is too noisy during the day!!!!

I love MUTS during the day! I am at that pool from 11 till almost 4 every day on our cruise! I love to lay in the sun and watch movies.

I love MUTS during the day! I am at that pool from 11 till almost 4 every day on our cruise! I love to lay in the sun and watch movies.

But it seems to some that a cruise is rather expensive substitution for a drive-in

I believe is was probably a noise thing with the port. This is happening in more and more ports. This happens at the new pier in Seattle because of an ordance with the City the ships can not play music at sail aways because of disturbing the neighbours. Or at least this was the case on the Golden in 2009

I just love the sailaway parties. Sometimes it is sad to be leaving a port. We always go to late sitting in the MDR just so we don't miss sailaways. Sorry you didn't have them on the Diamond. Maybe as another poster said it may be a noise problem in NZ but can't understand there being no party on cruising Sydney harbour - MOST BEAUTIFUL HARBOUR IN THE WORLD.

Archived