what is the weather like

Eva65

This year we hit it perfect, Dec 15th pretty nice, 60s, and 70s the day we boarded.

Last December, earlier in the month, it snowed in LA and it was so cold!!! The next day at breakfast it was still in the 40s up on Lido deck. Coldest cruise iv ever done.

The ocean will be too cold to swim in .. imo .. Im a warm bath baby. Hot tubs work for me.

Kids swam in the pools this last cruise though .. weather was about as nice and hot as it gets. Even Cozumel was hot and sunny.. perfect.

So we had both extremes... from one December to the next.

It's winter so expect the normal temps for NOLA for that time of year... a low of about 42 and a high of about 60...

Remember, y'all are gonna be in the river for about 7 or 8 hours before you hit the Gulf so the weather you wake up to is likely to be much like the weather at sail away.

:)

I have never cruised in December but according to other people I've talked it is cool in Miami,Fl for that reason I will not cruise in DECEMBER. I like March the weather is perfect however there are more children then I would like to see but that is the trade off.

Gary

We've sailed a few Decembers, and I have to say December is now off my list. I'm finding I am not able to enjoy my time as much, and I don't generally get into the water in December. That one is tough, because I love the beach and swimming.

I am sure there will be an occasion in my future that I will consider it, but I much prefer warmer months.

Archived