Which cruise line to choose?!

starfish236

Hi!

My boyfriend and I are sailing for our 2nd time and we are not sure exactly which cruise line to go on again. We loooved Carnival Glory but we were thinking of going on a Princess Line this time around. We love all the fun activties and are in our 20's but don't mind just relaxing with adults either (its quieter at time hehe) What does everyone else think, we need some good suggestions! Also both cruises go to the same ports... :) Thanks!!

HI Kate

where are you from in CT? I live in "Watertown, "CT

everyone will tell you every cruise line is different.

We have been on RC, Princess, Celebrity and Norwegian.

Our favorite is Princess but it is more quiet.

If you loved Carnival - which I would not go on - becuase I like things a little more quiet and an older crowed -

I would try RC - it has alot to do and probably more in line for the "20" something

but wait and get other replies before you make up your mind

did you post on the RC website for an answer also?

Carol

We have been on NCL, Carnival and Princess. While we loved all three lines, our last cruise with Princess was perfect all around. The crew was polite and fulfilled every request quickly wether it was a dinner reservation or additional blankets etc for the stateroom. They were extremely curteous as well. We found the food better on Princess than on Carnival and the overall crowd was a little older and not quite as rowdy which is definitely something that was a plus for us. We are taking another cruise in April and we are going on Princess again. Each line has their own positives and negatives, however so far Princess has been our favorite. I think it will really come down to the things that you think you will enjoy most. Which ever you decide...have a great cruise! :D

You will definitely hear varying opinions as to which line is best. I've done my last three cruises on Princess. I enjoy Princess and continue to choose them because, imho, they have better itineraries. I also like Princess because of the lack of PA announcements as well as the understated ellegance.....:):):)

Bob

Hi!

My boyfriend and I are sailing for our 2nd time and we are not sure exactly which cruise line to go on again. We loooved Carnival Glory but we were thinking of going on a Princess Line this time around. We love all the fun activties and are in our 20's but don't mind just relaxing with adults either (its quieter at time hehe) What does everyone else think, we need some good suggestions! Also both cruises go to the same ports... :) Thanks!!

I say, go for Princess. Why not try something different since you've only been on one previous cruise -- part of the fun of being new to cruising (or anything, really) is sampling varied cruise lines to see what they're like. And it's probably better to do that early in your cruising life, before you turn into one of us grumpy old coots who can't enjoy the differences but instead harrumphs about how things are so much better on our fave . . . !

Depending on the itinerary, you definitely won't be the only 20-somethings aboard most Princess cruises. What itinerary/ship are you looking at?

Instead of lines per se, I'd look at where you want to go first, then when, then look at the different ships that do that route at that time and see what features most appeal to you. Rank the top 3 or 4 then do research on the overall line...

Just posted something similar elsewhere but I'll do it here again. I don't book by cruiseline, I book by itinerary first. Then I check itineraries and if different lines go to the same place I next choose based on who I am cruising with. I've sailed with friends my age (mid 50s) and we've gone Princess (for the quiet and it's definitely an older demographic) and I've cruised and taken older teen nieces. When they are with me I try to find a comparable cruise on Royal Caribbean - more for them to do with ice skating, rock climbing, surfing machine, etc on their ships. Royal usually has a much younger demo for that very reason but I didn't find that our cruises on it were party boat caliber though.

If you were happy with Carnival I would stay with them. It is my experience that Carnival appeals to a certain percentage of the population and exploring other lines after enjoying the "Carnival experience" often leads to disappointment for the cruiser.

Hi!

This is a good question having done both lines before deciding on which line to choose from I would look at the ship 1st. To me Princess ships are all the same big or small very blend and monotone in colors. As for Carnival all ships are diffrent in all aspects sometimes too much and some are very nice. For the food (Buffet area only) I actually score Carnival a bit higher than my last few Princess cruises.

So tell us what ship are you thinking and than might also help in your selection.

Sea ya

Eric

TBA -Med Cruise 2011

Ruby Princess Nov2010

Sapphire Princess Sep2010

Rccl Adventure Of The Seas April 2010

Carnival Miracle Feb2010

Rccl Oassis of the Seas Feb2010

Rccl Majesty of the Seas Nov2009

Rccl Navigator of Seas Sep2009

Hal Westerdam Nov&Dec2008

Caribbean Princess Nov2007