Bayonne- bus and embarking ?

sara mom

Leaving on EOS on 5/26. I've read in some reviews that folks check in then take a bus to the boat?! Is this true, or am I just reading wrong? I guess I am just used to checking in then taking a long hallway or gangplank to the ship.

The Bayonne terminal is not located right next to the edge of the pier so they use large shuttle buses with a low step (also with handicapped ramps) to shuttle cruisers across to the gangway. The ride itself is very quick.

If you've ever flown in Europe and used a shuttle bus to go out to the plane, this is a very similar process. It would be possible to walk it, but the whole pier is an active loading area and it would be dangerous to have thousands of cruisers trying to make their way across the "tarmac".

For anyone with mobility issues this is actually an easier process - no long hallways or long ramps to get onto the ship. Unfortunately, you board on deck 1 which is not the glamorous entry you would get on deck 4 or 5. However, the ship is wonderful and you will be able to have an unobstructed view of her from the port area.

Archived