Noise on midship Riviera deck AZURA cabins

PrincessPete

Hi everyone

We are thinking of splashing out on an AC grade suite on Riviera deck on Azura for a Caribbean cruise in early 2012. I note that the suites are located directly underneath the Lido deck and wondered what the noise levels might be like - particularly at night from the "Sea Screen" and also whether you can hear the sound from it during the day (when you might like to be snoozing on the balcony!).

Any information from people who have stayed in those suites would be much appreciated and indeed on whether the extra is worth it for what you get in the suite in terms of size and extra facilities. I know it is always going to be a matter of personal taste but would value anyone's comments.

With thanks and kind regards.

Pete

One thing has always put me off the midships Riviera deck suites on Azura or Ventura is that there's a big overhang from the Lido deck above you - I think it extends well beyond the end of the suite balcony. So I don't think you'll get any sun unless it's coming at an angle.

My choice for these ships remains the C deck balcony cabins, with the double-depth, part-sheltered/part-exposed balconies.

Archived