Brunch - Fort Lauderdale A1A area

TudorSue

To address a post-cruise gap between Saturday disembarkation at POM and same-day 2.30 PM flight out of FLL, DH and I are considering renting a car and driving up A1A. We will only have a few hours - but this should allow time for a nice brunch somewhere driving along the coast before heading to FLL airport.

I'd welcome suggestions on where to stop/eat. (We've identified Thrifty and Dollar as best rental options... price and convenience of cruise line pick-up. ) Thanks very much.

I am from Ft. Lauderdale and have done cruises in and out of FLL and POM. My opinion is that the time it takes to get a rental car, get to FLL area, you will be rushed to fine a good brunch and drop the rental car off and get to the airport in time. Just my two cents.

Thanks for your advice. This was a question in my mind. We will need to turn the car in at FLL by 1 PM at latest. If we disembark at POM 8 AM and have express p/u capability at the rental car company, I was hoping we'd still have 2.5 hours at liberty. The alternative -- hanging out at FLL for 4 hours or so -- is never pleasant!

To address a post-cruise gap between Saturday disembarkation at POM and same-day 2.30 PM flight out of FLL, DH and I are considering renting a car and driving up A1A. We will only have a few hours - but this should allow time for a nice brunch somewhere driving along the coast before heading to FLL airport.

I'd welcome suggestions on where to stop/eat. (We've identified Thrifty and Dollar as best rental options... price and convenience of cruise line pick-up. ) Thanks very much.

How about the Bahia Cabana Beach Resort. It's on A1A just north of FLL airport where SW17th goes over the causeway and turns north again. On the Marina .Good conch salad, great key lie pie, good ribs. Large menu. Your 10-15 minutes from the airport on return back down A1A.

Thanks for your advice. This was a question in my mind. We will need to turn the car in at FLL by 1 PM at latest. If we disembark at POM 8 AM and have express p/u capability at the rental car company, I was hoping we'd still have 2.5 hours at liberty. The alternative -- hanging out at FLL for 4 hours or so -- is never pleasant!

I'd head up to Aruba. It's on the beach and the food is excellent. http://www.arubabeachcafe.com/home.htm

Village Grill (next to Aruba) has great breakfast and lunch food, but it is 8 miles north of the port. H2O is very good and is across from the beach 3 miles from the port. It has free parking and breakfast/lunch. Bahia Cabana is also a good choice, 2 miles from the port. You don't have much time, so I would suggest getting a cab.

Archived