MDR Table Request

Lindy Sue

I would call RCI direct. I called last month to upgrade to a balcony and the agent asked me at that time what type of seating i wanted at dinner and i told him a table for 4 and he did it right then. My cruise is in February so its not too early for you to call for your March cruise.:)

Thank you, Planeprincess for the additional suggestion. We sailed Monarch in October and were told we had a table for 2 upon booking. When we boarded the ship, we went straight to the DR only to find we had been placed at a table for TEN! Yikes. The Hostess was wonderful and quickly switched us to a 4 top next to a window and blocked out the extra 2 seats. Many posters have recommended checking out your table when you first board... something we will continue to do on all future cruises. Have a fabulous time on your cruise! :o

Rccldining does not need to handle this. Misuse of that email will only result in getting it changed (as RCI has been known to do in the past!) and leaving people who really do need it without recourse.

Call Reservations (or your travel agent) and request a table for four. Then, request they send confirmation that this request was input. The Dining team will be doing the same exact thing as it needs to be input into the internal reservation system. So why not cut out the middle man and do it yourself?

As for requesting the two top and getting a ten top? That is because two tops are ALWAYS a request and never guaranteed. Not even RCCL Dining will guarantee it (although they are more likely to know your chances).

Good point "thelion." Love any chance to cut out a middle person. Thanks for suggestion of asking for a confirmation of the request from the booking agent. Also, thanks for the insight on requesting 2 tops. Never realized they were "never" guaranteed. Good to know for our cruise in November!

Just connected with RCCL through LiveChat and was told they are "unable" to help through LiveChat and suggested I phone to make the request. Worth the try anyway!! :rolleyes:

I got someone named Amanda and she did it in a few seconds. Sorry the live chat didn't work out, but I do hope you got the changes made you needed. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived