HAL pre-cruise packages

Marie-Claude

Has any of you ever been able to book a pre-cruise package without buying air from HAL?

We were able to get our air tickets with points, but since we are going into Venice, I'd like to buy the pre-cruise package from HAL so that we don't have to bother too much with the logistics of going from airport to hotel, and then hotel to pier, with the luggage and all...

I tried to do that with Princess last year and I wasn't able to, I'm wondering if HAL is more accomodating. I will ask TA tomorrow to look into it, but I was curious to see if experienced CCers had any words of wisdom for me!!

We purchased a 3 day precruise package last December. We had already purchased our own air. There was no problem in doing this at all. It seemed to be SOP.

We had three great days in San Diego before our Circle Hawaii Cruise on the Statendam. I don't think you will have a problem.

Linda

Yes, we've purchased the precruise package twice without buying air from HAL, and have had no problems.

Except perhaps for some dangerous cities, you'll normally find it easier and cheaper to get to the hotel by taxi rather than buying an expensive transfer from HAL and then waiting for everybody to come fill it up.

The HAL transfer from hotel to ship is much more likely to be worthwhile since with stringent security nowadays, it's often hard for taxis to get near the ship and it's sometimes a bit difficult to get the exact street address of the pier for the taxi to go to.

Depending on how much you value convenience, using the HAL pre-cruise package could be a good move.

As I recall you might have to get to the hotel from the airport on your own if you don't have HAL air. Perhaps HAL will sell you the transfer. The transfer from the HAL hotel to the ship is included .

When we were in Venice on the Westerdam last year the HAL hotels were very expensive, but very good hotels. We did our own air, hotel and transfers at a significant savings, but it was a hassle struggling with luggage on our own.

I've done my own air to Europe and had HAL pick it up from there.

The HAL representative was waiting at the airport; my name was on the checklist. I was directed to the luggage area where HAL took my luggage and led me to the bus. The hotel was the HAL pre-cruise/city tour/transfer to pier package.

Archived