Azamara Superb

westmount

I've been on Seabourn four times and Regent just once, but I have to say that all things considered, Azamara can certainly claim to be very, very close to both, I think superior to Regent for sure. We were on the Journey for the past 16 days, with our young adult daughters joining us for the holidays. The ship was warm, the food wonderful, tasty, and superbly presented, but most importantly the staff willing and wanting to do whatever was needed to make us happy. The passengers were a mix of Europeans, South Americans, some from Asia, some from Australia. There were 70 of us Canadians and they even let some Americans join in the fun.

The line is certainly in transition from Superior to Deluxe to ???, so I suggest everyone take advantage of their deals, as they won't be having these prices for long. Forget wishing for the way they were, as people who go on a cruise want and need to be pampered, and when you don't have 4000 mouths to feed at 7:00 pm, you better take advantage and serve your people well.

We had a great room, and some are a bit small to get Seabourn prices, but with the right room, you can go Azamara a couple of times for what Regent and Seabourn are asking, and you won't feel slighted in any way.

Good luck to everyone concerned, you are certainly going to make someone's Gold list soon enough.

My only complaint, some people had free drinks and used it, those that didn't had to pay $5.00 and felt shy in doing so. I had a lot of on board credit, so it came to the same thing, but you want everyone socializing together, so they have to try a different approach as all inclusive works as does paying $5.00, but mixing the two leads to awkward moments between couples, I say get rid of nickle and diming, but that's me. My 22 and 25 years old spent their time in the gym, at the Mosaic coffee shop drinking lattes, and finding corners of the ship to read and laugh. All sauces were put on the side, fishes were skinned, vegetables steamed, and meats cooked to perfection. I say pay for the largest room you can afford and go anywhere they go, you won't be disappointed.

regards

Westmount

So pleased to hear you are sold on Azamara! We spent 14 days on the Journey in September and are sold on the small ships. While we booked another AZ cruise online, when I got home I found a comparable Seabourn trip for not much more money and decided to indulge. Within a few weeks, however, I was already regretting my move away from the warmth of AZ and switched back for our September trip.

It's good to hear that a cruiser with experience on both lines plus Regent had a great experience!

Hello Westmount,

Thank you very much for your wonderful endorsement about the Azamara experience and how you found it to be “superb.” Your suggestion to others to “take advantage of their deals, as they won't be having these prices for long” points out what a tremendous value we offer. But our value lies not in our price point, but in our ability to deliver a memorable, unique and satisfying vacation experience.

You’ve eloquently stated that you understand that a quality vacation experience successfully delivered at the right price is extraordinary value. Simply, you’ve received more for the money you paid.

On behalf of the executive management team, I express our appreciation for the time and effort you’ve taken to share your comments with the Azamara Club Cruises followers.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family on board again and again.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

I've been on Seabourn four times and Regent just once, but I have to say that all things considered, Azamara can certainly claim to be very, very close to both, I think superior to Regent for sure......

My only complaint, some people had free drinks and used it, those that didn't had to pay $5.00 and felt shy in doing so. I had a lot of on board credit, so it came to the same thing, but you want everyone socializing together, so they have to try a different approach as all inclusive works as does paying $5.00, but mixing the two leads to awkward moments between couples,

Westmount

I am so glad to have this information, thank you Westmount, as we are planning our first cruise with Azamara. I do not quite understand why people are "shy" about buying drinks when others are getting free drinks. I am guessing that some cruisers have a "status" like Discoverers and they get free drinks? And if this is what you mean, do the "paying" cruisers feel shy about paying? I think I don't understand the situation. Bill

Thanks for the great comments Westmount.

We are getting so excited for our first Azamara cruise in March, it will be our 10th cruise and I'm sure it will be the best yet.

We were wondering how they handled all of the different offerings, so thanks for sharing that info. We aren't in the group that has "cocktails on us" but like you have a very substantial on board credit so it really works out the same. We think we will have to be very innovative to use up all the credit before the end of the cruise.

70 Days and counting!

It's hard to explain how some people pay thousands of dollars for a vacation but are very "shy" about tipping or paying for things they don't consider essential. Since Azamara doesn't want to discount its rates, it follows that it gave people free air or drink packages to encourage them to book, while others had earlier booked had obc. When I sat at the bar before dinner, you could see the difference between those ordering martinis with their free cards and those waiting for the free wine with dinner. On Seabourn and Regent the free drinks works well, everyone is happy, relaxed, and presumably drunks are served gin and tonics without the gin. On a ship with 600 people, no one wants to be known as the ship's drunk, so everyone is careful not to go crazy, but it sure makes the dance floor a happening place.

To be sure, Seaborn is the best, the rooms wonderful and the staff superb. If you get a balcony suite on Seabourn for the same price and itinerary as Azamara, grab it, but don't confuse the small ships with the new ones, the service is wonderful on both, but it's not the same experience. The Regent is also a great line, but lacks the warmth somehow.

When I consider the value for 16 days of gormet food, entertainment (most of), the gym (best I've seen) ,excursions and of course a fantastic crew, one can only hope they remember that I'm comparing it to top lines that in regular times charged plenty and probably will be back up there shortly. Since Azamara doesn't really have a past, its hard to know what they need or want to charge for their services. There is a transition going on, but I for one loved the time spent on the line, as did my wife more importantly, so I hope to find a trip that fits our needs somewhere in the future, they did nothing to dissapoint us.

regards

Westmount

thanks for your comments Westmount. I too have sailed on Seabourn, and Silversea, and am booked next week to go on the Journey with my sister, so its great to hear that everything should be tickety boo!

While it's perfectly possible I've missed you on our roll call, if you'd like to come on over, we'd love to meet you both. Nancy

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=27466252#post27466252

Archived