Uses for Duct Tape

rollie

emergency hem on skirt or trousers;

posting notes in conspicuous places (post-it notes work too! :) )

taping curtains closed, especially useful for Alaska cruises

taping down loose drawers that slide open in rocky seas

repairing shoes and/or sandals

repairing camera cases

I like to talk too much so my wife often slaps some across my mouth.

Okay, not really, but on my last cruise I used Duct tape to hold up my Yankee banner on my balcony, and also found Crazy Glue useful - I lent it to a fellow passenger who had broken her glasses; she was able to hold them together with the glue.

It could be used to resolve many of the timeless conundrums from the Cruise Critics threads:

1. 1) Formal night - Duct Tape Tuxedo or evening gown. My local Target has Duct Tape in exotic colors and patterns. The black swirls on white background could be a great pattern for an evening gown - kind of a lacey effect!
  2. Chair hogs - This could work either way!
    a) Save a chair - tape the towel/book/whatever you are using to
    "save" the chair securely to the chair.
    b) Twart a chair hog - just tape the saved chair upside down to a
    pool area ceiling
  3. Unrulely children - tape them directly to their parents. Unrulely adults, duct tape them to their room.
  4. Not enough hangers in the room/not enough closet space -- duct tape your clothes to the wall.

Duct tape - A product with a thousand solutions built in

Ok readers, this question was posted on our Roll Call thread. Other than suit case mending, what are some uses for duct tape?

To silence all the people over on the RCCL board that keep speculating about upcoming C&A changes?

Onessa, the outfits in the photo I posted above were constructed entirely of duct tape. Amazing!

A Catholic school board official has defended a decision to suspend

students who wore duct tape outfits to a hockey game, saying it was needed to keep order in the schools.

from

http://sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey/news?slug=winstar-ca-4061091

Ok readers, this question was posted on our Roll Call thread. Other than suit case mending, what are some uses for duct tape?

Rollie

This post made me laugh and bring back some great memories. I once used duct tape to repair rusted rear quarter panels on my car for inspection. Skillfully applied the duct tape and spray painted to match the car. It passed inspection...

Once used it to repair the shirting on a mobile home. Removed the shirting, put the duct tape behind, replaced the shirting and spray painted. The neighbors all thought we replace it with new. It saved about 2500.00.

Red duct tape on a busted tail light works. You might say duct tape is my friend.

We had a female singer on one of our cruises. I do not think that she ever hit a note during the entire voyage. A strip of duct tape strategically placed would have increased our enjoyment. Same goes for one or two cruise directors that we have had from time to time.

Archived