Girls only get-away....Triumph late 2011- Galveston

Littlegoo75

Thinking of organizing a girl's only cruise for a bunch of us in the neighborhood later this year. It would just be a quick 4-day cruise, probably on the Triumph when it gets here in the Fall. We all live about an hour from Galveston, so it would be an easy cruise to do. Just how crowded would it be to have 3-4 people in a balcony cabin? I have only ever cruised with one other person, and once with an 11-month old, so I never utilized the pull out sofa or any uppers. I know the bathroom/shower situation could be a pain, but I figure I could always go to the gym/spa to use the facilities there.

It would mostly be a party cruise for all of us because 2 of us are having babies in April/May, and several have had babies over the last year or so, and we need to get out and let loose (not too crazy though...we do have some class), so it's not like we would be in the cabin all that much. Lots of the girls smoke socially (not me), so I figure a balcony is a must, and it's really not that much more expensive.

I figure if we can put 3-4 in a room it would bring the price down quite a bit, and would entice more people to go.

DH is actually looking forward to me getting out of his hair for a few days, and I know by the Fall, I am going to need a break because I am due with my second kid in late April. There is no way I am going to attempt a cruise with DH, a 3 year old boy, and a 6-8 month old baby, so I really need this. In order to cruise with family, I am going to have to wait until the new baby is at least 2, so we can utilize Camp Carnival.

So, for those of you that have done this kind of a quick cruise with a bunch of girl-friends, let me know how it went.

Also, I have never been on anything shorter than a 6-night cruise, (have done four 7-nighters, and one 6-nighter) and I have heard these shorter ones can be quite rowdy. Since I won't have kids with me, it doesn't bother me, and it might actually be pretty fun.

We did 4 of us girls in a quad on the Ecstasy for a 5 day, was not bad at all. The only time it got a little snug was when we were getting ready for dinner. I had the upper bunk and I actually enjoyed it, did not feel clausterphobic at all. I will look back through my pics, but don't think I have one of the cabin with the beds down.

There is no such thing as a pull out sofa. The balcony cabin will be the same s.f. as a inside 185 s.f. plus 35 s.f. balcony. The convertible sofa is twin size and they remove the back pillows and voila its a bed. Not quite the same thickness of mattress as a regular bed.

I honestly think its just a rumor that wouldnt quit as I have not seen it rowdier on shorter cruises myself out of Galveston .. I think Carnival just cant rid itself of its image from 10 years ago, and whomever told you that probably hasnt been on Carnival in a long time.

I have been on five cruises, all girls getaway. We have had four girls in a room four times and three girls in a room once. Four seven days and one five day.

I always had a top bunk. Never bothered me.

The rooms that are most convenient are the ones that have to two twin beds, a couch and one bunk. They have more room and are much easier to get around in; however, we usually get an inside quad. On the Triumph the beds are L shaped as opposed to being on opposite walls. This makes the room easier to get around in as well. Just ask the steward to put the beds up during the day.

A couple of other tips. Share what you bring. We make a list and one person brings shampoo and conditioner for everyone to share. Another brings sunscreen, another body wash, etc. We also have an over the door junk holder (really a shoe holder). It works great to put four women's stuff in. Clutter is the hardest part about sharing a room with so many women, and this works great.

Lastly, do not feel you all have to be together 24/7.

As far as the shorter cruise being rowdier, lol actually the all girls cruisers were the ones being rowdiest!!!!

Have fun!!!!! :D

I've shared a cabin with two other gals and it was a blast! At night, after all of the fun dies down, it's like a slumber party from when you were young, except now, it's booze instead of fruit punch that makes you giggle. LOL.

It should be tons of fun!

And Triumph...she's my favorite Carnival ship of all times!

Thinking of organizing a girl's only cruise for a bunch of us in the neighborhood later this year. It would just be a quick 4-day cruise, probably on the Triumph when it gets here in the Fall. We all live about an hour from Galveston, so it would be an easy cruise to do. Just how crowded would it be to have 3-4 people in a balcony cabin? I have only ever cruised with one other person, and once with an 11-month old, so I never utilized the pull out sofa or any uppers. I know the bathroom/shower situation could be a pain, but I figure I could always go to the gym/spa to use the facilities there.

It would mostly be a party cruise for all of us because 2 of us are having babies in April/May, and several have had babies over the last year or so, and we need to get out and let loose (not too crazy though...we do have some class), so it's not like we would be in the cabin all that much. Lots of the girls smoke socially (not me), so I figure a balcony is a must, and it's really not that much more expensive.

I figure if we can put 3-4 in a room it would bring the price down quite a bit, and would entice more people to go.

DH is actually looking forward to me getting out of his hair for a few days, and I know by the Fall, I am going to need a break because I am due with my second kid in late April. There is no way I am going to attempt a cruise with DH, a 3 year old boy, and a 6-8 month old baby, so I really need this. In order to cruise with family, I am going to have to wait until the new baby is at least 2, so we can utilize Camp Carnival.

So, for those of you that have done this kind of a quick cruise with a bunch of girl-friends, let me know how it went.

Also, I have never been on anything shorter than a 6-night cruise, (have done four 7-nighters, and one 6-nighter) and I have heard these shorter ones can be quite rowdy. Since I won't have kids with me, it doesn't bother me, and it might actually be pretty fun.

My guess is that it will be crowded, but it's not impossible to do.

My first cruise was a girls cruise, a 4-night Bahamas cruise on the Sensation. There were three of us, and we booked a Grand Suite. We had TONS of space and could have easily accommodated another person.

Second cruise was with my husband last month. It was a regular balcony cabin. While it was fine for two of us and I could imagine it would be okay for three people, I can't imagine having four in there. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it would be a little cramped.

I would DEFINITELY stick with getting a balcony cabin or suite. It is nice to sit out there while others shower or get ready, but it will be especially welcome for your group since some smoke and some don't.

ENJOY! A girls cruise is the BEST! :D

EDITED TO ADD: I would be willing to do an inside quad with truchattycathy's group. They sound like a fun bunch! :D My girls insist on a balcony, though...

Archived