Live Emerald b2b Jan 17 and Jan 27

vickie_bernie

Vickie

The hotel sounds great!

We stayed at the W (also on the beach) in December when we went on the Solstice and all I kept thinking was "How are you gonna keep 'em down on 17th street now that they've seen the beach?" (Paraphrase of the old song "How you gonna keep 'em down on the farm now that they've seen Paree")

It's so beautiful!

Just to let you all know that it's in the teens (Fahrenheit) here today with 0 predicted for Friday! :eek:

So enjoy your sun! :D

And hi to all!!!!!!!!

yes Karen the hotel is very very nice, the room can't be beat. But would I stay here again, well probably not the parking situation alone is very nerve racking as it is up four flights in the parking garage that is shared with a shopping complex that you have to clear to get to the hotel's parking. The elevators are very busy and slow. Even though 17th street is not on the beach it is a lot quieter.

Today we went to sawgrass and tonight we are meeting up with other friends that are sailing with us and all six of us are going out for dinner.

Dear Vickie this is Laura we just got off the ruby we had a great time I know you will too please take care of Daniella and Brent for us and make sure Brent wears lots of sunscreen and a hat because you know how white he is and will burn easily have great trip thanks Laura

Can't wait for your b2b cruises to start. Looking forward to you coming back to take us along for the ride. Hope PescadoArmadillo pops in once in a while too as we also enjoy her insights. Thanks for your Live!

That is very kind, thank you! *We were on the Emerald B2B in December, and reboarded January 6th for B2B2B (and hopefully another 2B) cruises. *I have been very selfish with my time on our cruises*this year, and am grateful that Vickie will be prime on posting her experiences on the Emersld. *We have certainly enjoyed the ship and its friendly officers, staff and crew. *

In a first for us, we requested a table for 2 in the DaVinci dining room, which is the one primarily used for assigned seating until 7:30ish each evening. We have had wonderfully attentive service and enjoy having 'just us' for dinner. We meet plenty of new friends at breakfasts and lunches, and since we're cruising for a longer time felt that some downtime at dinner was important.*

I'm happy to report that the Emerald made it into Princess Cays today for the first time since we were there December 17th. Weather, though not hot, was sunny and comfortably warm. *It was one of the nicest days we've had on the island.*

We remain so happy with our 50 (or 60) nights on the Emerald this winter that we've already booked our favorite cabin for most of next winter too. No, we don't tire of it, and, in fact, find it relaxing in a way that no other itinerary can match. No planning, no stressing. We wake up each day and ask ourselves how we want to spend the day in port and only then do we formulate a plan. *It's a good way to spend the winter!

The cutoff for the Most Traveled cocktail party on this cruise was 293 days. We're not quite in that league yet, but it's looking good for next year...*

Rick, wish you were joining us this year! Vickie and all, see you tomorrow at Tradewinds (but it will be short for us...it's chips, guacamole and margs night in Skywalkers!).

First, sorry for mis-spelling your name in my previous post.

What a wonderful way to spend the winter!!:) Most snowbirds spend it in Florida and you spend it on Princess ships ( especially the Emerald - also my favorite Princess ship ). When DH retires, I'd like to try it too ( here's hoping ):p

Thanks for popping in during your leisure time. Enjoy the rest of your b2b2b!

We remain so happy with our 50 (or 60) nights on the Emerald this winter that we've already booked our favorite cabin for most of next winter too. No, we don't tire of it, and, in fact, find it relaxing in a way that no other itinerary can match. No planning, no stressing. We wake up each day and ask ourselves how we want to spend the day in port and only then do we formulate a plan. *It's a good way to spend the winter!

Oh I'm so envious! What a great way to spend the winter for sure.

I hear you about the budget. We live in pure austerity mode all year to cruise in the cheap seats during the winter. Honestly, thank God we live where we do, with all the opportunities for free entertainment during the warm weather months. And we've decided a day on a cruise ship is cheaper than a day spent skiing.

I only want to hear about the weather if it's really, really bad. Otherwise it lessens our perceived value of our cruise investment.;)

Love this thread we are doing B2B Feb 6th -26th.

Martha it's so cold and lots of snow with wind chill -32 so Feb 6th can't come soon for us see you soon..... looking forward to the rest of the thread.

Cold Canadians Julie & Mike

I only want to hear about the weather if it's really, really bad. Otherwise it lessens our perceived value of our cruise investment.;)

hope you are enjoying your cruise. i am up to my armpits in snow and -20 degree temps, would like very much to trade places with you, but we are booked for hawaii next month

Grant & Carol

Dear Vickie this is Laura we just got off the ruby we had a great time I know you will too please take care of Daniella and Brent for us and make sure Brent wears lots of sunscreen and a hat because you know how white he is and will burn easily have great trip thanks Laura

will do -- he phoned the cabin last night

for others, Brent is someone we work with and just happens to be on this sailing with us, small world

Archived